How to Hook Your Prospect and Common Questions to Ask Them

does anyone ask what their goals are? or do you immediately assume they called about LI so we are trying to sell them LI?

does anyone ask what their goals are? or do you immediately assume they called about LI so we are trying to sell them LI?

Our leads are always requesting life insurance quotes specifically, so that's what we go with. If they were looking for something else, I'd start there. Ask lots of questions that don't have a "yes" or "no" answer to engage the prospect. Most agents love to talk, but have a hard time listening. After a while you will get to know when to step on the gas and when to step on the brake, so to speak.

Our leads are always requesting life insurance quotes specifically, so that's what we go with. If they were looking for something else, I'd start there. Ask lots of questions that don't have a "yes" or "no" answer to engage the prospect. Most agents love to talk, but have a hard time listening. After a while you will get to know when to step on the gas and when to step on the brake, so to speak.

have you had any luck selling mortgage insurance off a new home owners list??? where can i look over some scripts on this site?

where can i look over some scripts on this site?

One thing I've gathered since being here? Do your research before asking someone to do the work for you. Otherwise you'll wonder why you didn't get an answer. There are plenty of scripts on this site to be found if you do a search.

While some say they don't really use a script. Good for them. However if you are struggling a bit, it never hurts to have a game plan. A script can a guideline when you stumble.

Eventually you'll also be that guy that says I don't really use a script, because you'll have it down.

Good Luck.

Billy

My "hook" is overly simple, I have basically re-invented the wheel. If a potential client has requested information I ask the person who they wish to insure ,their age , smoking status , meds, if these questions are answed there is obviusly an interest in meeting tuesday or wednesday would morning or afternoon be better. Show up on time, play with the dog and and ask how I can help with the life insurance situation. listen. Do some factfinding , do a simple presentaton, give a list with life insurance options (I.e. rates) then ask which option that they would like to start next month.shut up.then i ask for a picture id to start paperwork. I only skip a step if things are going really well. I have never used a script , I always pay someone to do the lionshare of my phonework, but this is the basic skelton that I use to sell smaller policies.

Latest posts

Back