How to Mail to My List

In all seriousness, thanks for clearing that up. I assumed that since spell check didn't have any suggestions it was just more of a slang term, but apparently I was just that far off of spelling it.

Not where I saw that one going, but I'll take the praise just the same.

This can be a playful crowd, but Frank to my knowledge always keeps his nose clean. If you had made that comment to just about anyone else here I wouldn't have said anything, but you should be nice to the old goat farmer.

Don't get cramps patting yourself on your back over the performance of your list. The success of the campaign has much more to do with how its employed (....uh.....thats my expertise) than the demographics plugged in. The vendor I use now can provide that same info at your cost, and their lists I can assure you ARE scrubbed against DNC....I'll just let you know now that we found numerous people in the list you sold me (which was supposedly scrubbed) that were in fact on the DNC list and had been for some time.

You might give some consideration in the future as to whom you kick up dust with.

If you had enough sense to check into it further, you'd notice I bought only one list from you. I'll leave it up to your infinite wisdom to figure out why, not that you ever would, even given a thousand years and nothing else to do.

Don't get cramps patting yourself on your back over the performance of your list. The success of the campaign has much more to do with how its employed (....uh.....thats my expertise) than the demographics plugged in. The vendor I use now can provide that same info at your cost, and their lists I can assure you ARE scrubbed against DNC....I'll just let you know now that we found numerous people in the list you sold me (which was supposedly scrubbed) that were in fact on the DNC list and had been for some time.

I've looked into it a bit and don't seem to recall your order, but you are literally the first person to come to me with a complaint. If you'd like to send an e-mail to [email protected] with more information I'd be happy to look into it.

One thing I have noticed is that there are plenty of people who will claim to be on the DNC list, when they in fact are not. I'm not saying that's what the case is here because I don't have the information to look into it, but it does happen. Another thing to consider is that folks who order direct mail lists usually ask for everything available as opposed to having the list scrubbed. Again, without looking at the order it's impossible for me to know for sure what was ordered, but if you'd like me to fix the issue feel free to contact me about it.

Last edited:
I've looked into it a bit and don't seem to recall your order, but you are literally the first person to come to me with a complaint. If you'd like to send an e-mail to [email protected] with more information I'd be happy to look into it.

One thing I have noticed is that there are plenty of people who will claim to be on the DNC list, when they in fact are not. I'm not saying that's what the case is here because I don't have the information to look into it, but it does happen. Another thing to consider is that folks who order direct mail lists usually ask for everything available as opposed to having the list scrubbed. Again, without looking at the order it's impossible for me to know for sure what was ordered, but if you'd like me to fix the issue feel free to contact me about it.

"One thing I have noticed is that there are plenty of people who will claim to be on the DNC list, when they in fact are not."

......nice try....those numbers were checked by me personally before deciding not to call and to do a direct mail campaign instead......of the 20 or so I checked, 4 were on the DNC list.

And I would not hold my breath, if I were you, on another order from me. I have a vendor, its reputable, and their data is solid.

Any other issues you want to discuss?

"One thing I have noticed is that there are plenty of people who will claim to be on the DNC list, when they in fact are not."

......nice try....those numbers were checked by me personally before deciding not to call and to do a direct mail campaign instead......of the 20 or so I checked, 4 were on the DNC list.

And I would not hold my breath, if I were you, on another order from me. I have a vendor, its reputable, and their data is solid.

Like I said, you are literally the first person to complain about the quality of the data and you never contact me about the issue until now. I think it's perfectly clear that you're not interested in ordering from me again and that's not why I want to look into this. If you want to let me know which order it was, either on here or by e-mailing me at "[email protected]", I'd be happy to look into that for you.

Before reselling this data my team had made hundreds of thousands of calls using this data over the course of three years without any problems. I'm not discounting your issue, but your experience was certainly out of the ordinary and I would like to look at the order to see what happened.

Any other issues you want to discuss?

Not really, but I would like to at least know which customer you are so I can look at the order. Again, please feel free to contact me on here or by e-mail.

Like I said, you are literally the first person to complain about the quality of the data and you never contact me about the issue until now. I think it's perfectly clear that you're not interested in ordering from me again and that's not why I want to look into this. If you want to let me know which order it was, either on here or by e-mailing me at "[email protected]", I'd be happy to look into that for you.

Before reselling this data my team had made hundreds of thousands of calls using this data over the course of three years without any problems. I'm not discounting your issue, but your experience was certainly out of the ordinary and I would like to look at the order to see what happened.

Not really, but I would like to at least know which customer you are so I can look at the order. Again, please feel free to contact me on here or by e-mail.

I guess I am a little confused.......maybe you, in your infinite mental capacity, can enlighten me...........you said "I've looked into it a bit ".....what, pray tell Mr. Reliable and Honest List Vendor, have you looked into? (since you cannot recall the order itself or the customer.....you know, those sort of tricky details)

Remember the old adage about keeping quiet and presumed a fool?

I guess I am a little confused.......maybe you, in your infinite mental capacity, can enlighten me...........you said "I've looked into it a bit ".....what, pray tell Mr. Reliable and Honest List Vendor, have you looked into? (since you cannot recall the order itself or the customer.....you know, those sort of tricky details)

Fair question.
I've looked into it a bit and don't seem to recall your order

I checked your state of TN and looked through the orders I can recall being in that area (which maybe was a false premise to begin with), but can't find it there. I also tried looking through some of your old posts to see if that shed more light and found that you had started this thread:
Need Help From Greybeards! Mail Leads and Setting Appointments

At that point, I got really confused. I think this is a fair question, why would you be paying $27/lead for someone else to do your direct mail if that is one of your strong suits? To take that a step further, I'm confused as to why you are working with LH on their lead program if what you're doing is effective. Again, I'm not trying to be rude, but something isn't adding up here.

I also noticed when going through your old posts trying to find an indication of what order was yours that the majority of your posts seem to have an extremely hostile tone whether or not it was provoked.

Last edited:
Well when you work for a direct mail company, it's usually good to know the in's and out's of direct mail.

The one thing that most business owners don't take into account when it comes to any form of marketing is that one shouldn't focus on the response %, one should focus on the ROI (return on investment). If you spend $2,000 and make $8,000 - that's a good investment. The ROI value is different for everyone. Even if you get a 1% response, but the value is beyond what you spent... it's simple really. This same principle should be applied to any form of marketing, not just direct mail.

We (PostcardMania) actually just took some of our own Google (PPC) marketing budget and reallocated it to send out more direct mail and our leads increased by 8% and the revenue follows.

I just love this little jewel..."The one thing that most business owners don't take into account when it comes to any form of marketing is that one shouldn't focus on the response %, one should focus on the ROI (return on investment). "

.....this is written by someone who obviously has no responsibility for budgeting marketing campaigns or paying for them when the bill comes due. I just love it when salespeople tell me what I should and shoud not be focusing on and what is and isnt important....if its my campaign and I'm paying for it, its ALL important. Then on top of all that, they trot out some inane statistic no one could ever verify, and think think we're too ignorant to see straight thru it.

Any reasonably prudent businessperson will tell you rate of return IS important, if for no other reason than to find out where and why missed opportunities exist.

FWIW, PostcardMania has been on my Do Not Use list for 8 years.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Fair question.

I checked your state of TN and looked through the orders I can recall being in that area (which maybe was a false premise to begin with), but can't find it there. I also tried looking through some of your old posts to see if that shed more light and found that you had started this thread:
Need Help From Greybeards! Mail Leads and Setting Appointments

At that point, I got really confused. I think this is a fair question, why would you be paying $27/lead for someone else to do your direct mail if that is one of your strong suits? To take that a step further, I'm confused as to why you are working with LH on their lead program if what you're doing is effective. Again, I'm not trying to be rude, but something isn't adding up here.

I also noticed when going through your old posts trying to find an indication of what order was yours that the majority of your posts seem to have an extremely hostile tone whether or not it was provoked.

I am not in Tennessee, I am from Tennessee, and there are finite, legitmate reasons my profile says Tennessee...my current agency frowns upon the use of insurance forums, and if they look at my threads they'll see some things they may not take a shine to......such as how you all feel about my main carrier......so I use my home state.......perfectly reasonable.

I am contractually obligated, thru September, to buy whatever leads come from the current mail campaign hey have for me. What they don't know is all the while I've also been doing it on my own, and the mail responders that originate from my own efforts frankly are slam-dunks.

Its those that originate to a generic, non-specific offer that have presented a problem. It will not be a problem much longer.

None of which has anything to do with the fact that your list had numerous folks in it who were on DNC at the time you sold them to me.

Lastly, your crude response directly to me is what instigated all this in the first place.

Last edited:
I withdraw my skepticism, it does appear that you purchased a list from me.

If I were you and had no (or little) budget for leads/marketing, I'd buy a list from affordablemarketinglists.com and telemarket.

His lists are excellent and the params are accurate.

I still stand behind the list I sold you 100% and if you want to have me check into the situation I'll still gladly do that for you.

Last edited:
I just love this little jewel..."The one thing that most business owners don't take into account when it comes to any form of marketing is that one shouldn't focus on the response %, one should focus on the ROI (return on investment). "

.....this is written by someone who obviously has no responsibility for budgeting marketing campaigns or paying for them when the bill comes due. I just love it when salespeople tell me what I should and shoud not be focusing on and what is and isnt important....if its my campaign and I'm paying for it, its ALL important. Then on top of all that, they trot out some inane statistic no one could ever verify, and think think we're too ignorant to see straight thru it.

First off, I'm not in sales nor am I a sales person. I do work within the marketing department and as part of the marketing team for PostcardMania, I am partly responsible for our company's marketing budget.

What I was trying to clarify is that the response % on something is always going to look small (no matter what type of marketing) because you have to market largely to get response. So if you look at 6,000 postcards sent out and you only get 5 closes, of course the percentage number won't be impressive - but if you spent $1000 on the postcards and the 5 closes brought in $5000, you just made your money back plus $4000. Those are the results that are important... the ROI.

I don't think anyone on this forum is ignorant, I've never thought or said that. I'm just trying to get business owners to think of the bigger picture... ROI is where it's at. This is what I have to do with our marketing here at PostcardMania too.

Back