How to Stay In Business

Mark Rosenthal is way ahead of you guys. He has the market for Praying Mantises (or Manti, if you prefer) cornered!:yes:

I thought about starting my own lead company. I will place ads on all the facebook games. The leads will suck but there is enough new agents to keep selling the same crappy leads over and over. I will put up in small print that the leads will be sold up to 8 different agents. I will make you buy at leat 25 at a time. I will put in small print no refund - sold as is...I will make up some names of people like Bob Smith and tell everyone how good they are. I wont list my phone number on the very cheap website that I;m making..

Hmm....

I mean come on,,tons of lead companies are getting rich doing this..

If your only prospecting is buying leads then you are in trouble anyways.

Hi All,

With the HCR Now in full Force many of you had said that if we get 5% or 7% or $50 bucks an App for Health Apps(VS 20% or more per APP) with the cost of Lead generation...

How do you plan on staying in Business and making any real Money? Am I missing Something? The way I see it is a Major Cut and Not making any Money for doing the same Work. Am I wrong? Am I missing anything? I know you can cross sell which I have but of course I know you won't sell everyone. Looking for some suggestions as to what would be the best thing to do. Thanks for all your help. All responses appreciated.

Somehow, I would think that buying an HSA outside of the Exchange will not result in a penalty. If not now...then by 2014.

The new Mandates requires plans have a max out of pocket of 2500 a year (Deductible, co-pays, and co- insurance combined) and almost all HSA's do not meet the particularly mandate, and will result in a penalty.

read:
"Starting in 2013, flexible spending accounts, which allow users to escape taxes on many medical expenses now, will be limited. There will be a $2,500 maximum on accounts that typically carry $4,000 or $5,000 limits now, and you will no longer be able to use the accounts for over-the-counter medicines."

How the Health Care Overhaul Could Affect You - Graphic - NYTimes.com

Last edited:
The new Mandates requires plans have a max out of pocket of 2500 a year (Deductible, co-pays, and co- insurance combined) and almost all HSA's do not meet the particularly mandate, and will result in a penalty

read:
"Starting in 2013, flexible spending accounts, which allow users to escape taxes on many medical expenses now, will be limited. There will be a $2,500 maximum on accounts that typically carry $4,000 or $5,000 limits now."
How the Health Care Overhaul Could Affect You - Graphic - NYTimes.com

Pretty funny when you realize that PCIP doesn't meet the mandate right now.

Pretty funny when you realize that PCIP doesn't meet the mandate right now.

They will come 2013.

And once all the mandates take affect 2013, people will finally realize how costly all of this truly is. Coincidentally this will be after the next Presidential election is already over, so the outrageous cost cant be used as a reason to vote against the current administration.

medicare supplement insurance plans United of Omaha Gerber New Era Sentinel Aetna Humana Blue Cross Blue Shield Drug Coverage
Medicare Supplement Insurance
Medicare supplemental
Medicare Supplement Insurance
American Seniors Medicare Supplement Insurance
American Seniors

Last edited:
I'll read it again, but HSAs were left fully intact in the legislation.

Yes, you are correct, but they also have to abide by the new mandates, if they dont want to impose the penalty, which none of the current HSA's meet the mandate requirements..

If the Insurance Companies do come out with HSA's that meet that requirement (2500 OOP with no cap) why would anyone need any supplemental plans, if their plan pays everything but 2500 a year? The answer is they wont, and if they wanted one, they couldn't afford it anyway on most cases, as the 2500 max out of pocket health insurance is going to be very costly. Also, if they did, this new HSA (2500 oop) would also have to meet the other mandates as well including the 80% paid to claims, so the commission of any new HSA will be next to nothing as well.

Last edited:
I'm not sure where you're getting your info from, but according to the legislation, the family OOP can be $10,000.

Can you reference the part of the legislation limiting the family OOP to $2,500? Not an article - but the actual PDF file of the legislation?

Back