How to Stay In Business

It's nice that you found Wikipedia and admittedly, this is very difficult information to come across since it literally entails reading the entire bill - a daunting task at over 2,000 pages.

First of all, the bill addresses deductibles as well as OOPs which related articles don't address.

They also don't address the difference between individual and family coverage - and they are difference in the legislation.

And now it even gets much harder. There was the House version, the Senate version then reconciliation. Pulling up the reconciliation version is hard reading this is reference mainly changes in the House and Senate version.

But here are the deductible the OOP limits for individual coverage: (so Wikipedia is correct...they simply didn't elaborate on the OOP for individual plans.)

(2) COVERED BENEFITS.

1 Secretary and shall be consistent with the basic categories in the essential benefits package described in section 222. Under such benefits package—4 (A) the annual deductible for such benefits may not be higher than $2,000 for an individual or such higher amount for a family as determined by the Secretary; (B) there may not be annual or lifetime limits; and (C) the maximum cost-sharing with respect to an individual (or family) for a year shall not exceed $5,000 for an individual (or $10,000 for a family).

And its "nice to see you that found" out the 2000 annual deductible applies for all individual plans, and 4000 for families, and not just the "employer sponsored plans" as you wrongly wrote in #26 and #28

Last edited:
What I'm trying to state is there's no "$2,500 OOP" that applies to any plan - group or individual and the individual/family OOP is $5,000/$10,000 leaving HSAs completely intact.

What I'm trying to state is there's no "$2,500 OOP" that applies to any plan - group or individual and the individual/family OOP is $5,000/$10,000 leaving HSAs complete intact.

You were also "trying to state" (#26 and #28 above) that the 2000 and 4000 annal deductibles only applied to "employer sponsored plans", and you were wrong., So nice to see you"found out" that it applies to all, and not just "employer sponsored plans"

Last edited:
Well I'm ok with that - but I'm still trying to get you to cite your source that all plans will have to comply with a $2,500 OOP.

I was confused on deductible levels between group and indie but I knew that indie plans have a $5,000/$10,000 OOP.

This, again, leaves HSAs fully intact. I just didn't want agents reading your post and getting erroneous information. Onward and upward.

Well I'm ok with that - but I'm still trying to get you to cite your source that all plans will have to comply with a $2,500 OOP.

I was confused on deductible levels between group and indie but I knew that indie plans have a $5,000/$10,000 OOP.

This, again, leaves HSAs fully intact. I just didn't want agents reading your post and getting erroneous information. Onward and upward.

So you now admit you were wrong in number #26 and # 28, but that you are "ok with that".... and then you also say you don't want agents reading my post to get "erroneous information."

So lets see..... you are "ok" with the fact that you were wrong (confused), but not ok with someone else being wrong (confused)

You would have a great career in Politics!

Last edited:
I would be willing to bet that you will both be wrong by the time this all goes into effect. GO BRAVES

I don't care where you grew up or where you went to school 2 games up is better than 2 games down. Frenchy embarrassed them last night.

One thing to consider is that, while the carriers current plans may not meet the future HCR mandates, most will be modified to incorporate the required benefits (specifically, 1st $$ Wellness) by the time they are required to go into effect.

HSA's will definitely be a play post reform.

Back