HPA IHC STM News

YouGotMyMoney

Guru
5000 Post Club
Got the email, and I thought I'd share with all:

Changes to Short-Term Medical
Insurance Products
Dear Producer:
At IHC Health Solutions we are proud of our long and successful history in the short-term medical market. Our success comes from relationships with you, the producers
that sell our products, and our ability to quickly react to
market conditions.
During the balance of 2010, we will be making changes to our
short-term medical portfolio. These changes will allow us to remain competitive and will ensure that we continue to offer the innovative products that have made us a leader in the short-term medical market.
• Effective 11/1/2010 we will be eliminating the office visit copay from the Secure Saver plans for new business. Cases effective prior to 11/1/2010 will not see a change in their benefit.
• Effective 11/1/2010 we will no longer offer a $500 deductible on the Secure STM plan.
• Effective 12/1/2010 we will no longer offer the 12 x 3 Plan.
If you have any questions regarding these changes, please contact your IHC Health Solutions representative.
While changes are being made to our product portfolio, our commitment to the producers that have made us successful remains strong. Our Partnership-to-Ownership stock program has made thousands of agents part owners of our company. The IHC Leaders Conference provides you the opportunity to learn about The IHC Group, and gives us the opportunity to interact with you to improve our products and services.

Sincerely,
Dave Keller
Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing
IHC Health Solutions
¹ Only Secure STM, Secure Saver and Secure Lite plans apply to end-of-year promotion, it does not include Rx Pay, overseas travel medical or one-life dental plans. Writing agents must be contracted with Standard Security Life Insurance Companyof New York in order to be eligible to receive payment. IHC Health Solutions reserves the right to interpret contest rules and winners

It sucks the 12 X 3 plan is being scrapped.

That was a good step up from a mini med for people who cant pass maj med uw.

I thought Short Term Medical was not subject to the Affordable Care Act mandates.

IHC still hasn't posted these changes to the updates in the "Agent News" section of hpainsurance.com and all the Temp plans and deductibles are still there. Must have been a last minute decision.

Thanks for posting the letter. I'll share it with our MGA. We write a lot of IHC STM.

-AC

I don't write a lot of HPA STM in FLA, compared to Humana and UHC they are more expensive for STM. But if someone can't get UHC or Humana STM, then they are a good company,

You can't put a co pay on short term or it would be subject to obamacare.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
May be subject to... No one has actually read or defined the bill yet.

Last edited:
A high deductible (HSA Qualified) policy doesn't have a Co-pay. So are these plans not subject to ObamaSCARE?

Also, many of the Limited Benefit plans do have Dr. Office copays, yet they are exempt from ObamaScare.

That 2,500 page health reform bill just keeps spewing out confusion doesn't it. I hope enough of this monstrosity can be repealed before irreperable damage is done to the health care and health insurance industries!

-AC

If a short term plan had a true co pay, it would possibly fall under Obamacare. You won't see limited plans much longer with a co pay ,coinsurance, or deductibles as Obamacare has made it clear to some extent what is and is not subject to the bill.

You will however see flat fee per service such as fixed indemnities, etc., etc.,

Back