• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Hug an agent today (Part IV - I think?)

shawnmwalker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Colorado
Hug an Insurance Agent today! They sat on hold for two hours to make a call that they did not need to make two years ago, to have an Underwriter deny something, the Underwriter would have never denied 2 years ago.

Its always been hard work but it was rewarding to serve and educate folks about insurance. Now its 20x harder and the rewards come less frequently.

They really need a hug today.

Hug an Insurance Agent today! They sat on hold for two hours to make a call that they did not need to make two years ago, to have an Underwriter deny something, the Underwriter would have never denied 2 years ago.

Its always been hard work but it was rewarding to serve and educate folks about insurance. Now its 20x harder and the rewards come less frequently.

They really need a hug today.

Do you need a hug Shawn?

I do the daily tasks of an agent, but I'm a masochist, so I bathe in the pain.

The insurance agent subreddit has a lot of people talking about getting out of the industry after years in it though.

Masochists, should stay. Although from my perspective I think things are going to get better. Industry had a good Q4 and a good Q1.....Fingers crossed convection storms are less this year. Lots of rate earning in.

Back