Humana Molina ACA Commissions...WTF

Has anyone been getting paid on their ACA enrollments?

I haven't been paid on any deals from Humana or Molina.

This is my 1st Open Enrollment. Is it typical to wait this long? How long do I have to wait?

You haven't really taken the time to research anything, that is on you, not your IMO.

First of all, Humana doesn't take the 1st payment until a few days before the effective date so none of them are paid yet even though you have submitted payment information. If you think it's a good idea for people to pay for health insurance that starts in January back in November so you can get paid then I feel sorry for your clients.

If you are directly paid, Humana pays commissions the week following receipt of the premium, at least for Off Exchange business. It's more difficult to predict when On Exchange commissions will begin, I received some in January for the 1st time, some in February.

I don't have any Molina business but have researched it for my own needs and they don't pay agents directly, it's up to your FMO.

Some FMO's advance business, I don't know much about Stephen-Mathews but maybe you should ask them for an explanation before accusing Humana and Molina of not paying agents-I have been paid every cent of commissions owed to me by Humana on a timely basis in 2015.

Some of the companies take client's payment immediately, FLM.
I never knew that Humana held it....but that's GREAT to know!

I tell everyone to wait for a bill in the mail, so that they're not paying for January coverage in November.....and to get it paid BEFORE 1/1/16.

I don't take the time to call every company & ask (when you don't always get the correct answer anyway). A wrong answer (repeated out of my mouth) is always SUCH an embarrassment!

I wish Sherpa's emails didn't tell everyone to CALL me to make their payments.
I try to email them all & tell them: PLEASE don't call me! It's TOO early to pay for January coverage! Wait for a bill.

Some want to pay now, anyway. That's the only reason I know that the govt site re-directs TO the carrier's websites for payment.

Some of the companies take client's payment immediately, FLM.
I never knew that Humana held it....but that's GREAT to know!

QUOTE]

I know that some do (not On Exchange, that has to be paid manually) but Humana doesn't collect until 2 days before the effective date, I confirmed it with both multiple CSRs and it's on the paper application as well.

I don't want my clients paying early for their new plans so have to balance all of that out-it gives me more work between December 15th and January 1st but I'm OK with that because I wouldn't want to pay early for mine either.

man some of you guys sound so bitter and suspicious...

Humana, Molina, UHC definitely collects first payment on their website. every last one my clients have definitely paid their 1st month. they have all also opted for reoccurring payment

i really dont think my upline had intentions of screwing me over...he would want to keep me to write business etc...not everyone in the world is out to get cha...i think he was going off what the Marketplace, UHC, and Humana was promising everyone...that their commissions payout frame would improve

----------

i also never accused Humana or Molina lol

where do see an accusation in what i posted:

My upline says it's because healthcare.gov is so backed up with paying the carriers and their is also a lag between healthcare.gov and the carriers backends systems actually seeing that the client has paid the first month

if you like, please post where you saw me make an accusation? i simply asked if anyone got paid out yet. thats it sir!

man some of you guys sound so bitter and suspicious...

Humana, Molina, UHC definitely collects first payment on their website. every last one my clients have definitely paid their 1st month. they have all also opted for reoccurring payment

i really dont think my upline had intentions of screwing me over...he would want to keep me to write business etc...not everyone in the world is out to get cha...i think he was going off what the Marketplace, UHC, and Humana was promising everyone...that their commissions payout frame would improve

----------

i also never accused Humana or Molina lol

where do see an accusation in what i posted:

My upline says it's because healthcare.gov is so backed up with paying the carriers and their is also a lag between healthcare.gov and the carriers backends systems actually seeing that the client has paid the first month

if you like, please post where you saw me make an accusation? i simply asked if anyone got paid out yet. thats it sir!

Reading comprehension sure isn't one of your strong points.

Posting 'Has anyone gotten paid WTF?' infers an accusation since WTF means What the F*** as in 'what is wrong here'?

Humana doesn't take premium payments out immediately so you are wrong about that.

UHC paid me last year for Exchange business in December for payments submitted in December.

For the others it varies.

Again, if you think having your clients pay premiums due for January in November just so you can get paid is right then I feel sorry for your clients, I won't allow my clients to pay this early regardless of when I get paid.

i'm telling you man. they take premiums out. i'm 110% sure.

ive had numerous people calling me back confirming it. i can even post screenshots.

yes, ive heard uhc was good at depositing commissions. hopefully humana will be as well

Back