Humana SOP

in some markets they are the ONLY or near only plans that are available unfortunately.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yeah really, why are so many out there so hostile to this guy because of his opinion?

I'm not hostile at all, just trying to figure out what he meant and what his point was.

So you do whats best for your wallet then and not whats best for the customer, your just another used car salesman.

How is is it looking out for my wallet when I won't write the plan? I don't put them in something else if Humana or UHC would be the best. I refer them to someone that will work with the debil.

Those two companies, especially Humana, have decalred war on the independent agent. If you get into bed with the debil, don't be surprised when you wake up with the debil.

I will not write anything for Humana or UHC. It's really rare where they would ever be the best option for people here, but there are a couple of counties where the Humana MA plan is about the only game in town. The people that are on it hate it. The doctors hate it. But, there isn't another viable option. That doesn't mean I have to sell it for Humana. It seems that you are the one lowering your standards to make a sale.

JD, just because someone writes with a specific carrier doesn't mean they are lowering their standards. Their experience with those carriers may be completely different than yours.

One carrier I refuse to write for is WellCare. If by some chance their MA plan comes up as a fit for the prospect, I instruct them how to enroll direct. And I also share other clients experiences with WellCare. But that doesn't mean the person who writes WellCare is lowering their standards. As I said, they could have a completely different experience than I did as an agent.

This conversation is going to a nasty place that I refuse to lower myself to.
I don't think anyones "standards" are lowered for writing with ANY insurance company as long as you are doing it properly.
To each his own.

Back