I Am New Agent. AIG or New York Life

ken111usa

Hello,
I am newly licensed in life and health. I have been looking for a reputable company to start a new career. Tomorrow I will have interview with AIG agency director and after that I will have another interview with New York Life managing partner. Both of them are interested in me because I can speak another language. So my question is please help me decide which company should I work for? I am new and have no sale experience but I don't need starting salary, free leads or anything like that. I want to feel independent that I can work on my pace with my own method.
which company will put lesser pressure on new hire ?
which one will allow me to have vested commission in day 1 ?
If you ever worked for one of them, can you tell me your experience ?

Thank you so much.

I can't speak to AIG, but typically with NYL your "own pace and method" will not be an option. Now, each office experience is unique, but NYL tends to have their way of doing things and only their way of doing things.

Hello,
I am newly licensed in life and health.

[...]

I am new and have no sale experience but I don't need starting salary, free leads or anything like that.

I want to feel independent that I can work on my pace with my own method.

Which company will put lesser pressure on new hire ?

Which one will allow me to have vested commission in day 1 ?

You're new with no experience... yet you want "no pressure" to let you use your "own method"??????

You're NOT ALLOWED to have "your own method". This ain't Burger King... you can't have it your way... unless and until you pay your dues.

Or you just start out as an independent agent representing multiple companies.

The reason you choose to work with AIG or NYL is not for the independence. It's for the training and structure to help you do a great job for your clients.

----------

10470600_929075127109415_5823848338787716302_n.jpg

I'd say go with Combined Insurance to learn how to prospect and sell.

But I'm new too so take my opinion lightly.

Latest posts

Back