I Can't Believe what I Am Reading

Capitation with outcomes that improve star rating is even mo money.I believe this is a tipping point for the MA penetration trend.

Should be a banner year for MA agents in the Villages as early indications are UHC will have as good or better benefits in 2017

How much you wanna bet they make it noncommisionable in 2017

How much you wanna bet they make it noncommisionable in 2017

I just received an amended contract from UHC today and the Villages Plan was not on the non commissionable list for what that's worth.Also UHC increased commission for aarp med supp for plan F and C, increased commissions for plan N a little and cut in half what they pay for A,K,L

This may be a win-win for clients, agents docs, and carriers.

Many agents do not like any government in the health care system and even though they sell Medicare plans, they don't like the system from a political standpoint and feel it would best if it were privatized.

Well, MA plans are a privatization of Medicare to a large extent in that the carriers have a lot of say in what is most important to them... the money (i.e. not the care.) Carriers love anything that will lessen or mitigate utilization... small networks, HMOs, co-pays, co-ins., and flexibility to set premiums and deductibles. CMS has a say in all of this as do the state DOI or some other state regulatory agency... many of which are bought and paid for by the lobbyists working for the large carriers. Anyway there is an incentive for both carriers and agents to sell these plans.

The medical groups care about their income and if the carrier reps can sell them on the idea that they will make more revenue by going off the Medicare grid, no doubt many will do so.

Finally, clients seem to like MA plans, especially the zero-premium variety, even with networks, deducts, co-pays, etc.

So this may be an evolution to where the free market works... medical groups decide that they will only take a particular carrier's plan... and opt-out of original Medicare and Supps. Carriers, docs, and agents make more money. Clients still get good medical care.

Of course the medical groups will have to crunch the numbers and make sure the MA plans they accept can/will bring in enough patients.

And, of course, the agents will have to be fairly compensated for selling the plans to the clients. And that could be dicy because MA plans could (and are) sold via call centers (with low paid licensed agents,) and by direct mail, etc. where the cost of sale is less than an indie agent comp.

I just received an amended contract from UHC today and the Villages Plan was not on the non commissionable list for what that's worth.Also UHC increased commission for aarp med supp for plan F and C, increased commissions for plan N a little and cut in half what they pay for A,K,L

Haven't gotten that email yet, what are the new commission rates?

Have you gotten the one about the new bonus system they are setting up for the medsupp?

This may be a win-win for clients, agents docs, and carriers.

Many agents do not like any government in the health care system and even though they sell Medicare plans, they don't like the system from a political standpoint and feel it would best if it were privatized.

Well, MA plans are a privatization of Medicare to a large extent in that the carriers have a lot of say in what is most important to them... the money (i.e. not the care.) Carriers love anything that will lessen or mitigate utilization... small networks, HMOs, co-pays, co-ins., and flexibility to set premiums and deductibles. CMS has a say in all of this as do the state DOI or some other state regulatory agency... many of which are bought and paid for by the lobbyists working for the large carriers. Anyway there is an incentive for both carriers and agents to sell these plans.

The medical groups care about their income and if the carrier reps can sell them on the idea that they will make more revenue by going off the Medicare grid, no doubt many will do so.

Finally, clients seem to like MA plans, especially the zero-premium variety, even with networks, deducts, co-pays, etc.

So this may be an evolution to where the free market works... medical groups decide that they will only take a particular carrier's plan... and opt-out of original Medicare and Supps. Carriers, docs, and agents make more money. Clients still get good medical care.

Of course the medical groups will have to crunch the numbers and make sure the MA plans they accept can/will bring in enough patients.

And, of course, the agents will have to be fairly compensated for selling the plans to the clients. And that could be dicy because MA plans could (and are) sold via call centers (with low paid licensed agents,) and by direct mail, etc. where the cost of sale is less than an indie agent comp.

The Star Ratings system is what makes it a win-winn. the carriers want to maximize profit obviously and now they can achieve that by delivering better care.

I think the writing is on the wall and the future of medicare is the coordinated care model:

Medicare Rights Brings Consumer Perspective to HHS Roundtable on Bundled Payments - Medicare Rights Blog

Just got an e-mail that stated The Villages Health in south Florida will only accept MA coverage starting in 2017. This means those patients with a Medicare Supplement policy will have to find another provider. What? I live in NW Florida and the providers here would much rather see a patient with a Medicare Supplement than a MA. I guess now an agent can't state that you can see any doctor any where in the USA with a Medicare Supplement product.

Not the first time i've seen or heard of this. You should hear/see some of the non-sense they are pulling in my area. Home health agencies are directing MA clients off their plans and over to Medicaid. (i still can't believe that one).

Not the first time i've seen or heard of this. You should hear/see some of the non-sense they are pulling in my area. Home health agencies are directing MA clients off their plans and over to Medicaid. (i still can't believe that one).

If the clients qualify for Medicaid, then that's what they should be on. So, nothing wrong with that at all.

Jabba-the-Hutt-220160.jpg

:twitchy:Too much, good one Somarco!

CVS and UPS to Use Drones to Deliver Prescriptions in a Retirement Community

The measure aims to help support a vulnerable community amid the Covid-19 pandemic

Starting in early May, the 135,000 residents in The Villages can receive their medications via Matternet’s M2 drone system, in cooperation with the Federal Aviation Administration. The drones will drop off prescriptions to a location near the community and a truck will finish the delivery, UPS said. The company said it may expand its service to include deliveries from two more local CVS pharmacies.

Latest posts

Back