I challenge any single agent to show me he has 1000 mapd active

I worked for someone who had over 2000 active MAPD clients.

This person had typically 3-6 licensed only agents working for them at a given time. Business was typically pretty slow outside of AEP. During AEP we worked 12-14 hours a day 6 days a week. It was tough but the OT was killer.

What has more service a mapd or med sup?I know several single agents with 1000-1500 med sups in force . I know of no one single agent managing 1000 mapd’s . Personally I think it’s impossible to continue producing and manage 1000 mapds single handedly . Unless you answered calls 8-5 it can’t be done . Like I said mapd has so many moving parts from copays to extra benefits the calls and potential issues endless .
I had 2100 until I was forced to add staff...now many more with two staff members..1000 is optium for single agent..

I had 2100 until I was forced to add staff...now many more with two staff members..1000 is optium for single agent..

2100 by yourself ? Zero help ? You had to be fielding calls day and night. Every facebook group with many agency’s recommend 1 assistant per 400 mapd.Mapd in itself is geared toward lower income . You had to have at least 600 dual/lis clients out of 2000 total. Mapd .

2100 by yourself ? Zero help ? You had to be fielding calls day and night. Every facebook group with many agency’s recommend 1 assistant per 400 mapd.Mapd in itself is geared toward lower income . You had to have at least 600 dual/lis clients out of 2000 total. Mapd .

1:3.5 dual ratio? Glad my ratio is nowhere near that. BTW zero MAPD service calls so far this week. It’s just not common.
I had an email today from a med Supp client about hearing aids. That’s it.

Last edited:

Less than 100 Duals

What has more service a mapd or med sup?I know several single agents with 1000-1500 med sups in force . I know of no one single agent managing 1000 mapd’s . Personally I think it’s impossible to continue producing and manage 1000 mapds single handedly . Unless you answered calls 8-5 it can’t be done . Like I said mapd has so many moving parts from copays to extra benefits the calls and potential issues endless .

Been managing 800-1100 mapd (10-20% snp ) and over 400 med supps for last 10 years by myself. Currently have 1104 mapd and 374 med supps unfortunately my snp % has been increasing which has ben sucking up more time. It helps that i don't have to spend time on marketing since it has been mostly referrals for last few years and 95 % of my med supps are in Fl with UHC so i never have to spend time finding them a better rate however recently more and more of them have been switching to MA. The biggest PIA is the PDP plans obviously

Latest posts

Back