• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

I challenge any single agent to show me he has 1000 mapd active

Why do you care how many assistants he has? If it works for him it doesn't matter if it's different than you would do it.[/QUOTE

I’m asking a question. With only 750 plans I’m curious what keeps 2 assistants busy not to mention that’s 35% if his renewals in pay to them .

There are a higher percentage of people in the dual market that need constant attention not to be lured to the next shiny object. I would be less concerned with obtaining Ultra-Grand-Premium status with a carrier and more concerned with persistence. Work smarter, not harder.

There are a higher percentage of people in the dual market that need constant attention not to be lured to the next shiny object. I would be less concerned with obtaining Ultra-Grand-Premium status with a carrier and more concerned with persistence. Work smarter, not harder.

My persistency is 95% which is almost unheard of in the dual mkt . I wouldn’t have 6 fig renewals in 25 months if I didn’t take care of my clients and keep them on the books. As the yrs go on I’ll be 80-90% non low income . But it allowed me to build a big book fast.

If your writing 15-20 plans monthly off company leads mostly I assure you many dual/ lis . Why do you need 2 assistants with only 700 plans ?
For AEP - I talk to every client during AEP to make sure they’re in the right plan or PDP because of network, formulary, and benefit changes. It’s also another client touch where I can probe for additional lines of business or referrals. I don’t need assistants the rest of the year though I do hire out my mail merge and mailings throughout the year.

My persistency is 95% which is almost unheard of in the dual mkt . I wouldn’t have 6 fig renewals in 25 months if I didn’t take care of my clients and keep them on the books. As the yrs go on I’ll be 80-90% non low income . But it allowed me to build a big book fast.

I think we may facing more customer service soon as the state of Fl and i assume other states are resuming annual certification for medicare savings program beneficiaries who don't have Full Medicaid status. Also the very generous extra food stamp amount given out because of Covid are ending in Fl this month so this could be a positive for plans that have the food benefit especially coupled with the food inflation. The food banks will be a target rich environment for dual eligibles !

If your writing 15-20 plans monthly off company leads mostly I assure you many dual/ lis . Why do you need 2 assistants with only 700 plans ?
No, very few duals and LIS. Your "assurance" means little to me.

I have built a strong and persistent business due to databasing, delegating to qualified assistants during the busiest time of the year, keeping in touch with clients several times during the year by various means, AND not leaving my clients hanging so they go with some newbie agent who misquotes or answering the robo calls or calling Jimmie Walker's hotline.

One can choose to be an agent that just writes new stuff and never touches the client again. There's a lot of churn there but its one way to do business.

For all the work that goes into marketing and selling a client, I refuse to lose them unless I personally fire them. And that hasn't happened in years.

Do this business right and life is good.

I think we may facing more customer service soon as the state of Fl and i assume other states are resuming annual certification for medicare savings program beneficiaries who don't have Full Medicaid status. Also the very generous extra food stamp amount given out because of Covid are ending in Fl this month so this could be a positive for plans that have the food benefit especially coupled with the food inflation. The food banks will be a target rich environment for dual eligibles !

Believe me I’m dreading the next 4 months for Medicaid certification . The calls to help fill out will be non stop . Some will lose Medicaid . Means you got to move plans . I’m trying to find out if carriers will notify agents people will be kicked off so we can move them. I’m running 15-20 or so appts a week . I’m seeing very few duals that don’t have food cards . Plus I’m very scared to move a person with food card from one carrier to another . These duals can’t go 1 day without a food card . The desperation incredible . When you move carriers in could be 10 days to get a new food card .

No, very few duals and LIS. Your "assurance" means little to me.

I have built a strong and persistent business due to databasing, delegating to qualified assistants during the busiest time of the year, keeping in touch with clients several times during the year by various means, AND not leaving my clients hanging so they go with some newbie agent who misquotes or answering the robo calls or calling Jimmie Walker's hotline.

One can choose to be an agent that just writes new stuff and never touches the client again. There's a lot of churn there but its one way to do business.

For all the work that goes into marketing and selling a client, I refuse to lose them unless I personally fire them. And that hasn't happened in years.

Do this business right and life is good.

I touch clients 4-6 times a yr . I personally answer calls all day long . I follow up hard on all disenrollments . If I write 40-50 a month and lose 5 I like that math .

Back