I Hate Annuities

Financial dogma is an interesting term. Makes sense. Nothing is always wrong-- or always right financially. I was "raised" in Edward Jones; taught to hate annuities. Not even ALLOWED to do an FIA - would be fired immediately of I did. I've learned better now...love having the whole arsenal. BTW he is right: those that hate annuities just need that stance for marketing mostly because it's a way to sell against them.

Financial dogma is an interesting term. Makes sense. Nothing is always wrong-- or always right financially. I was "raised" in Edward Jones; taught to hate annuities. Not even ALLOWED to do an FIA - would be fired immediately of I did. I've learned better now...love having the whole arsenal. BTW he is right: those that hate annuities just need that stance for marketing mostly because it's a way to sell against them.

The buy term and invest the difference and the hate annuities crowd is all about being in a different market and selling different products. It is MOST a marketing stance.

I'm surprised to hear that about Jones...When I was a VA wholesaler, they were one of our bigger B/Ds.

Back