I Have an Autodialer, Any Help Generating Leads?

If you use an auto dialer and they only have the option to leave a message if they want more information. Is that still illegal?

Press 1 campaigns to residential lines are illegal and I would be shocked if they ever stopped being illegal.

I'm confused, how are the press 1 leads illigal? Bankrate is huge and tries to sell them to me constantly, I would assume they have their legal dept in order even though their leads are crap.

Then also what about Jane leads? Aren't those "robo calls"?

I'm just honestly confused here.

Wrong on BankRate. They are dialing their leads & live transferring them to agents. We do that too. It is not illegal. They are not "press 1" auto dialers. We/they actually use a dialer [with a live person on the call] to call the lead when it comes in, verify the consumer interest & then live transfer it to an agent.

Works quite well as our call centers don't have call reluctance like ones staff may have.

Press 1 campaigns to residential lines are illegal and I would be shocked if they ever stopped being illegal.

when you say press 1, you mean robocall which is indeed illegal.

A true press 1 is when a live human being places the call and asks a potential client for permission to be played a message. If they agree, the message is played and they will have the option to press a number to leave their contact info. They will also have the option to be placed on a dnc list. This is a a true press 1 lead and is not illegal.

when you say press 1, you mean robocall which is indeed illegal.

A true press 1 is when a live human being places the call and asks a potential client for permission to be played a message. If they agree, the message is played and they will have the option to press a number to leave their contact info. They will also have the option to be placed on a dnc list. This is a a true press 1 lead and is not illegal.

We obviously disagree about what "true press 1" means, but other than that completely agree.

We obviously disagree about what "true press 1" means, but other than that completely agree.

:)

I think the community needs to come to an agreement on the labels of robocalls and press 1's (the kind im talking about) so we are all consistently on the same page.

:)

I think the community needs to come to an agreement on the labels of robocalls and press 1's (the kind im talking about) so we are all consistently on the same page.

I'm not sure what you're basing your comment on. Press 1, robo calls, and voice broadcasting are all the same thing. Marketers have been incorrectly calling phone calls initiated by live telemarketers and pushed to a recording with permission a press 1 lead for a while now, but that's an anomaly.

I'm not sure what you're basing your comment on. Press 1, robo calls, and voice broadcasting are all the same thing. Marketers have been incorrectly calling phone calls initiated by live telemarketers and pushed to a recording with permission a press 1 lead for a while now, but that's an anomaly.

Ok then what should we call it when a live human initiates the call and asks for permission to play a message?

That is if it has a name.

Ok then what should we call it when a live human initiates the call and asks for permission to play a message?

What do you call robocalls that have a person monitoring the call? Someone on this board is promoting those as legal.

Rick

I don't know that it does which makes it easy to call it a press 1.

I don't know that it does which makes it easy to call it a press 1.

Ya seems so. I'm going to call them "Pat leads" because nobody is certain what to call them.

Take note folks. "Pat leads" are when a live person makes the call. They verbally ask the potential client for permission to play a message.

Latest posts

Back