I have been doing ACA here in Florida for one year now. Ask me anything!

If I state that I make $20,000 and buy a 94% CSR silver plan, and fund my HSA account $3000. But I'm really going to make 250k, but I lied on my application. What are the ramifications?
As far as I know, you will be required to pay back the premium when you file your taxes at the end of the year.

Sadly I don't really have one : (

You need one . . . same for all agents with less than 3 years in the business. Some of us still have mentors after 40+ years in the business.

Medicare is fluid, not static. What is true today may not be next month.

If an agent is not constantly learning, and relearning, that is an injustice to themselves and their policyholders.

You need one . . . same for all agents with less than 3 years in the business. Some of us still have mentors after 40+ years in the business.

Medicare is fluid, not static. What is true today may not be next month.

If an agent is not constantly learning, and relearning, that is an injustice to themselves and their policyholders.
Do you happen to have any advice as far as how to find one?

As far as I know, you will be required to pay back the premium when you file your taxes at the end of the year.
You "should" know that not only will they have to pay back 100% of the tax credits, but also they will have to remove the HSA contribution with penalties (or should, since they were on a NON HSA CSR silver plan), and they fraudulently got a $1000 deductible plan, when they should have been on a $9000 deductible plan. But won't be punished on that one........the Obama way

Do you happen to have any advice as far as how to find one?

Mentors are everywhere, including on this forum. There are benefits to having someone local . . . that's what I did when starting out.

Learn to ask questions. This applies to working with and around agents who are successful but also is a necessity when dealing with prospects.

Not all of the answers you get on the forum are accurate . . . and some answers fall into the "it depends" category.

Trust but verify is good advice.

Ask questions and be willing to plumb deeper if necessary. Also do your own research before and after getting answers.

Back