I just got off phone with Integrity fmo about new rule changes . Starts June 28

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
Ok had very detailed meeting . Starts June 28 . They told me that recording requirements start June 28th . This does not apply to face to face BUT it does apply to all appointments AND any communication with the client . So if the clients calls you for a otc catalog you must record it . She said there working hard to get recording ability on Connecture and sun fire . This is a true disaster . This law is going in affect June 28th they said but changes could be made but they must pass . A huge cluster f*** going into aep .

Somebody help me here. Who is effected by these new rules?

If an agent only sells Med supps, and is NOT AHIP certified for MAPD or PDP plans, do they have to record these damn phone calls?

I havent heard med supps included . But wouldn’t surprise me if aca eventually will as it’s regulated by Cms . And so many agents lie on clients estimated income I’m sure Tons of complaints

Somebody help me here. Who is effected by these new rules?

If an agent only sells Med supps, and is NOT AHIP certified for MAPD or PDP plans, do they have to record these damn phone calls?

No but if you sell either ma or PDP you do

Medigap is a secondary payer . . . as such, they are normally not subject to the BS requirements for primary payers. Also, Medigap is not governed by CMS, but is by the states. CMS designs the plan and from there it is pretty much hands off.

Eventually PDP may come into the mix, but probably on for those who are AHIP certified, appointed by carriers to sell the plans and collect a commission.

I wonder if this crap is required by SHIP counselors?

My Conversation with my integrity FMO is it start on buis with 2023 effective dates

Even nov plans with 12/01 effective date is not included

However Face to face would be affected the recording will need to be when appointment is set

Wherever the original post is on this topic included a link that said (I think) these are PROPOSED rules to be effective in 2023.

Someone doesn't have the facts on this topic.

From what I was told which fits the way Medicare usually operates its based on effective date being 2023

Medigap is a secondary payer . . . as such, they are normally not subject to the BS requirements for primary payers. Also, Medigap is not governed by CMS, but is by the states. CMS designs the plan and from there it is pretty much hands off.

Eventually PDP may come into the mix, but probably on for those who are AHIP certified, appointed by carriers to sell the plans and collect a commission.

I wonder if this crap is required by SHIP counselors?

I stumbled on an article posted by an fmo that suggested SHIP counselors are not subject to the recording requirements.

I didn't post the link at that time
a) because I wasn't sure how much of the article was nahu and how much the FMO.

b) Wasn't sure if I should be posting something by an FMO that could be construed as agent support.

Ok had very detailed meeting . Starts June 28 . They told me that recording requirements start June 28th . This does not apply to face to face BUT it does apply to all appointments AND any communication with the client . So if the clients calls you for a otc catalog you must record it . She said there working hard to get recording ability on Connecture and sun fire . This is a true disaster . This law is going in affect June 28th they said but changes could be made but they must pass . A huge cluster f*** going into aep .

I thought originally when you started talking about this it was for AEP in October. Where does the June 28 come from?

Back