I Need Advice

I've stayed out of this because I don't want to get attacked by other posters.

This sounds like a terrific opportunity. You can not only make money by your own sales, but by teaching others how to help their family and friends they make money and so do you.

It's perfect. I'm interested in this myself.

Don't listen to these guys. They're not real insurance agents. They sell final expense.

Rick

I've stayed out of this because I don't want to get attacked by other posters.

This sounds like a terrific opportunity. You can not only make money by your own sales, but by teaching others how to help their family and friends they make money and so do you.

It's perfect. I'm interested in this myself.

Don't listen to these guys. They're not real insurance agents. They sell final expense.

Rick

I am reporting this post as being "snarky".. :biggrin:

I would be selling the majority of the time and encouraged to recruit, not required. more recruits = more pay.

----------

all i am looking for is an honest opinion and after listening to some over inflated egos that would rather stroke themselves than give good advice i figured it out....so I can't say you weren't any help....i got to where I wanted to be, but with little help here... if you want to do something right...gotta do it yourself... I have much on the line changing careers and i'm just trying to get as much info as I can so I can make an informed decision...and for the psychologist...of course I wanted confirmation...but i didn't get it...which led me to research more...now I know what your talking about....it's called learning. I hope talking down to people and ridiculing them gives you all the self-validation you need.

----------

5000 posts??? is this what you do all day? talk smack to a bunch of people you'll never meet? I see that this is where you get your validation. Whatever floats your boat buddy

Just ignore the negative comments. The bottom line is that if you can recruit, if they can train, and if those you recruit can produce...You will make $$$.

There's always some better opportunity out there, some better promise, some company paying higher commission...While there may be better opportunities, you could start selling life insurance and gain experience. For you, it can't really hurt to try this out if you're really interested in the opportunity. You will know whether it is or isn't you once you try it.

I may be wrong, but a lot of the people who said it's a bad gig may have MUCH better contracts etc. because they're seasoned and have been in the business a long time. I know you're wanting their experience to point you in the right direction...That's a good thing, but you've got to start somewhere. This may be good place.

Personally, if I were you, I'd get my P&C license, work for another agency, sell life AND P&C, get experience, save some money, then start an independent insurance agency and specialize in life insurance after I hired some P&C agents later. It would be a great testing ground for you as well, to see whether or not this is the business for you. Wouldn't you make a lot more with the ROI of a successful independent agency AND the ability to recruit agents for selling life insurance? That would take a LOT MORE time maybe, but that's my two-cents. I hope it was somewhat helpful.

Last edited:
, but that's my two-cents. I hope it was somewhat helpful.

It wasn't. Yours has to be one of the worst post in a long time.

To the OP, don't get caught in this trap. You're being fed pie in the sky...it ain't happening.

Do you want to sell insurance or do you want to recruit? Do you have the liquidity to float a bunch of chargeback rollups? Get with a good IMO for your life biz and sell a bunch...the. Decide if you want to recruit.

It wasn't. Yours has to be one of the worst post in a long time.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind (not really).

But I must say again, the best advice is for him to work for an agency for some amount of time to see if he can sell, wants to sell, and wants to be a business owner. The experience is key.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind (not really).

But I must say again, the best advice is for him to work for an agency for some amount of time to see if he can sell, wants to sell, and wants to be a business owner. The experience is key.

The last piece is good advice. Where does Emmaus come from? Any relation to Walk to Emmaus.

despite all the snarky comments, I got a good education quickly and for that I thank you all. It made it much easier to decide against the 60% and recruiting...I'm sure you'll see me later as I get more into things. Take it easy.

despite all the snarky comments, I got a good education quickly and for that I thank you all. It made it much easier to decide against the 60% and recruiting...I'm sure you'll see me later as I get more into things. Take it easy.

Skydog there is hope for you. Good decision.

Back