Ideas?

shonceman

Guru
1000 Post Club
Prospect had Americo (from another agent) that was declined for reinstatement after lapse. Says he had all the same health conditions as when he first took out the policy (although I suspect the agent may have written it a little cleaner than it should've been - I didn't see the policy, though). Wouldn't budge on anything but immediate benefit, which none of my current carriers will qualify him for. I told him I'd check around for him, just in case.

He's 74, had stroke 10-11 years ago with residual paralysis on right side. Uses wheelchair, but can walk a short distance. Good bowel & bladder control. Diabetic on 58 units insulin/day. High blood pressure - under control. Some type of kidney problem that he didn't know name of, not on dialysis (but says doctor is trying to keep him from getting to that point).

Foresters might take him level but it depends on his kidney problem. I would check his hbp meds and whatever meds he takes for the kidney thing.

Prospect had Americo (from another agent) that was declined for reinstatement after lapse. Says he had all the same health conditions as when he first took out the policy (although I suspect the agent may have written it a little cleaner than it should've been - I didn't see the policy, though). Wouldn't budge on anything but immediate benefit, which none of my current carriers will qualify him for. I told him I'd check around for him, just in case.

He's 74, had stroke 10-11 years ago with residual paralysis on right side. Uses wheelchair, but can walk a short distance. Good bowel & bladder control. Diabetic on 58 units insulin/day. High blood pressure - under control. Some type of kidney problem that he didn't know name of, not on dialysis (but says doctor is trying to keep him from getting to that point).

I would be concerned that the kidney problem is nephropathy as a complication of the diabetes.

I would be concerned that the kidney problem is nephropathy as a complication of the diabetes.

Exactly what I'm thinking. He thinks he saw an ad promising immediate benefit with no health questions. Oddly enough, the first thing I saw on tv when I got home tonight was the current LH ad. It doesn't make those promises, but I can see where if someone doesn't read the print portion that's displayed next to the talking head, they might get such an impression. I'll give him a few days, so he can satisfy himself that he's not going to do any better.

Latest posts

Back