IEP2 question

I'm talking about a UW app at age 70. Not OEP.
"You have a new OE for your 65th birthday"

From a practical perspective, its treated like they have never had Medicare in the past. BUT (and its a big one) make sure they know whatever Med Supp they pick is going to be the plan for the next 35 years. The "under 65 when you came onto Medicare" question is on all the apps. Its an auto-denial.

I don't do a ton of underwritten, but this surprised me as well. So a lot of carriers deny an underwritten app if they were disabled and got Medicare prior to age 65?

Idiots at Medicare enrolled person into pdp with a 3-1 effective date and it kicked her out mapd on 3-1......with a dental procedure scheduled for 3-2 (mapd was uhc with dental rider that gives $1000) so I had to hunt down the IEP2 code (thanks for PDF) and educate express scripts and medicare to get her reinstated with 3-1 eff. Here is a silver bullet for issues like this (816) 426-5233. It's the regional Medicare office. I've used them in the past for tough situations but they are very helpful.

Idiots at Medicare enrolled person into pdp with a 3-1 effective date and it kicked her out mapd on 3-1......with a dental procedure scheduled for 3-2 (mapd was uhc with dental rider that gives $1000) so I had to hunt down the IEP2 code (thanks for PDF) and educate express scripts and medicare to get her reinstated with 3-1 eff. Here is a silver bullet for issues like this (816) 426-5233. It's the regional Medicare office. I've used them in the past for tough situations but they are very helpful.

Great job taking care of the client!!!

Change of topic.... and a rookie question that I'm second-guessing myself on.

Prospect T65 signed up for MAPD for 4/1 effective with a different agent. Realized that she didn't want the copay structure and wants a Med Supp and PDP.

So we do her apps today - med supp and PDP for 4/1 effective date.

It's my understanding that she should call her mapd plan to cancel her 4/1/18 starting mapd, and that the PDP app that I'm faxing in tonight should go through fine for 4/1 since she has not really "used" her IEP until the plan she chooses goes into effect.

Agree? Anything else I should watch out for to make a smooth transition?

Change of topic.... and a rookie question that I'm second-guessing myself on.

Prospect T65 signed up for MAPD for 4/1 effective with a different agent. Realized that she didn't want the copay structure and wants a Med Supp and PDP.

So we do her apps today - med supp and PDP for 4/1 effective date.

It's my understanding that she should call her mapd plan to cancel her 4/1/18 starting mapd, and that the PDP app that I'm faxing in tonight should go through fine for 4/1 since she has not really "used" her IEP until the plan she chooses goes into effect.

Agree? Anything else I should watch out for to make a smooth transition?

Nope. Taking the pdp app will auto cancel the mapd.

Back