If I Will Get (Electively) Surgically Castrated, Then Will My Insurance Cover My HRT?

No, but some of them do appear to have successfully gotten their health insurance to pay for their hormone replacement therapy (HRT) in spite of the fact that they voluntarily got surgically castrated.

Why exactly would you need a high-tech prosthetic, though?

----------

Because I want one. That said because I choose that the health insurance company should pay fort it, correct?

Because I want one. That said because I choose that the health insurance company should pay fort it, correct?
So, by that logic, should health insurance companies refuse to cover birth control as well?

----------

Also, you want to take about getting rid of your arm. OK. Thus, if you will find a doctor who is willing to cut off your arm, then maybe your insurance should pay for your bionic arm. Of course, would a bionic arm be medically necessary? Indeed, I think that hormone replacement therapy is medically necessary.

So, by that logic, should health insurance companies refuse to cover birth control as well?

----------

Also, you want to take about getting rid of your arm. OK. Thus, if you will find a doctor who is willing to cut off your arm, then maybe your insurance should pay for your bionic arm. Of course, would a bionic arm be medically necessary? Indeed, I think that hormone replacement therapy is medically necessary.

A company should have the choice to cover birth control and charge extra for that coverage same as I should have the choice to go with a company or policy that does not cover birth control.

You want to cause the hormone therapy to be necessary. Great, Pay for it.

Got a question for you. Do you pay for all your own health insurance premiums?

A company should have the choice to cover birth control and charge extra for that coverage same as I should have the choice to go with a company or policy that does not cover birth control.

Does a company actually have the right to charge extra for that coverage, though?

You want to cause the hormone therapy to be necessary. Great, Pay for it.

I want to cause it to be necessarily because I lack any other ways to achieve guaranteed permanent sterility, though. :(

Got a question for you. Do you pay for all your own health insurance premiums?

No; rather, I think that Obamacare has allowed me to remain on my parents' insurance until I am 26 years old. Thus, it appears that I still have three years left to go in regards to this.

Does a company actually have the right to charge extra for that coverage, though?

I want to cause it to be necessarily because I lack any other ways to achieve guaranteed permanent sterility, though. :(

No; rather, I think that Obamacare has allowed me to remain on my parents' insurance until I am 26 years old. Thus, it appears that I still have three years left to go in regards to this.

Who should pay for birth control? It is not free. OK, I need to correct myself. It is free. It is call abstinence. Having sex is a choice. If that is a persons choice that person should deal with it. I certainly should not have to pay for it.

I understand better now.

You need to speak with someone other than a forum. Have your parents call the insurance company.

Just have to be the first to ask "why do you feel you have to be castrated?" What are you trying to achieve? Are there other ways to go about it?

There is always a possibility of some of this being covered, maybe all if you can get someone to believe it is medically necessary.

Since castration is only one way to avoid sex as a male, why haven't you considered other ways to avoid sex as a male?

Is Mark Parisi the rule or the exception to the rule in regards to this, though?

So in reading through this thread I'm seeing that you are around 23 years old...correct?

I think you should know that going to a Dr. and saying to them that you want to be physically castrated and they just go "Ok!" isn't quite how it works.

You will probably be required to do counseling and undergo a psych eval before any Dr. (at least here in the states) would perform that type of drastic surgery (even at your request) at such a young age.

Just a little input from the outside. If anyone else has info that would contradict this, please share.

Just have to be the first to ask "why do you feel you have to be castrated?" What are you trying to achieve? Are there other ways to go about it?

There is always a possibility of some of this being covered, maybe all if you can get someone to believe it is medically necessary.

Since castration is only one way to avoid sex as a male, why haven't you considered other ways to avoid sex as a male?
Well, I certainly want to become sterilized in a way which will never, ever fail. Indeed, even vasectomies can and sometimes do fail. Thus, a correctly performed surgical castration should be my best shot in regards to this--after all, halting sperm production (which is what surgical castration does) is like unloading a gun whereas halting sperm delivery is like shooting at a bulletproof vest. Obviously the former is more effective than the latter is.

In addition to this, though, since I myself identify as genderqueer and certainly want to have a much more feminine body and face, I would like to use estrogen replacement therapy rather than testosterone replacement therapy if I will still be able to get erections using my ***** and to have *****-in-vagina sex afterwards (which, for the record, some trans-women can do). :) After all, I have certainly heard some good things about estrogen based on people's personal experiences. :)

----------

So in reading through this thread I'm seeing that you are around 23 years old...correct?

Yes; correct!

I think you should know that going to a Dr. and saying to them that you want to be physically castrated and they just go "Ok!" isn't quite how it works.

Unless I will go to Dr. Mark Arnkoff in Michigan, I think.

You will probably be required to do counseling and undergo a psych eval before any Dr. (at least here in the states) would perform that type of drastic surgery (even at your request) at such a young age.

Unless I will go to Dr. Mark Arnkoff in Michigan, I think. Of course, I myself have already scheduled a counselor/therapist appointment in regards to this for December 9, 2015. :)

Just a little input from the outside. If anyone else has info that would contradict this, please share.

I do; indeed, please see what I wrote above in regards to this. :)

Back