If I Win the Lottery Question for You Experts.

Indiana Powerball lottery winners likely to remain anonymous | Lottery Post

"Lottery officials say the winners wished to remain anonymous. The group decided to take the lump sum payment of $30,815,336."

Then...

"A representative for the Boulon Revocable Trust claimed the $6.5 million Hoosier Lotto jackpot from the March 4 drawing. The winner elected to take the cash option worth $3.2 million. The prize was claimed March 10. The jackpot winning ticket was purchased at Speedway #6140 at 5221 S. Emerson in Indianapolis."

As you can see, in both examples it appears as if the winners formed a legal entity which (I'm guessing) the lottery commission cannot beat. The second example is clever - formed a trust and a rep from the trust claimed the prize. Wanna interview the rep from trust? Go right ahead:-)

Remember, whoever holds the winning ticket is the winner. If "I" hold the ticket and turn it in, then I'm "John." But if I form a trust and the trust turns in the ticket, then the Indiana lottery commission is ass out.

Last edited:
3 winning tickets - zero claimed. And already a case of good people turning instantly evil by money:

Mirlande Wilson, McDonald's Worker, 'Loses' Mega Millions Ticket

This was a lottery pool. But wouldn't you know it, the ticket that won was a separate ticket she bought on her own. Wow.

Her co-workers have banded together and what happens next? "Ooopsie, can't find the ticket."

Of course, she's either lawyered up or getting clever. She can't claim the prize or she'll be sued. Her next move? Find a way for someone else to redeem the ticket.

Latest posts

Back