If You Had Only Two Choices Of Companies

Re: If You Had Only

No Wino, I will try not to, you've been such a help to me. :) I live out in the East Bay..at VolAgent...honestly I would rather sell them term but I think they may want whole life..so for term, is Transamerica one of the cheaper one? I'm just trying to find a company that I can feel good about selling to my family and at the same time getting training, right now locally the ones I found that would train me is either Mutual of Omaha or Monumental.

Be sure to find out if the training only consists of product knowledge or also includes how to sell the stuff. All the product knowledge won't help a lot if you don't know how to sell it.

@ Frank, I just saw your comment, yeah, it would be life insurance they are interested in. Commission is my last consideration, 1 and 2 would be training and getting the best products from my family.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
@ Frank, yes both will help me with both product and how to sell so for either of those companies, which would you recommend as having better deal life insurance products? Thanks. I will check the quote system. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

No Wino, I will try not to, you've been such a help to me. :) I live out in the East Bay..at VolAgent...honestly I would rather sell them term but I think they may want whole life..so for term, is Transamerica one of the cheaper one? I'm just trying to find a company that I can feel good about selling to my family and at the same time getting training, right now locally the ones I found that would train me is either Mutual of Omaha or Monumental.

This is where experience comes in. What do they think Whole Life is? And why do they want it. Is it that they want a policy that last till they die? Is it the Cash Values? Are aware of the difference in coverage amount. Can they, will they, pay the premium that Whole Life dictates. If yes to these Awesome. If it is more Death benefit till I die only Maybe GUL. Or is it I need X till the kids are grown then I only need Y? Sounds much harder than it is.

If you are going to make a mistake with a young family, Make it putting them into too much term v too little Whole Life for the same $100. with the correct riders. IMHO <OK, maybe not so humble>

I started in Pleasanton and have had offices in Pleasanton and San Ramon. Good money in the Bay Area. I still write more premium there than here. Mostly the 580 corridor and the South Bay.

If you belong to ILIAA compulife there is included. If not you can see a lite version at term4sale .com.

TA is just OK on term pricing. I do not write them.

2 choices of company. Okay, I am getting close to making a decision, thanks to some who replied on my previous thread but this question still lingers on my mind.
My first few clients will be my siblings. As far as being new and in need of training, it has come down to either Mutual of Omaha or Monumental, so my question is.
.For the best deal just between these 2 companies, if you can only sell one or the other to your family based on what is best for them, which company would you use.
.let's say for whole life products..someone had mentioned a word that pertains to whole life regarding the cash value return. I don't remember but would there be much difference btwn these 2, would you feel good about selling either to your family or would one be better than the other. Please respond, I really need to make a decision soon. I've been putting this off for so long. Thank you so much for any answer you can give me.

Why does the choice have to be company?

Find a good GA which offers a number of companies.

@ Robert, because I was trying to find someone that would train me locally and I don't know of any GA locally that would . I was advice that I really should get local training first..go captive but I figured that Mutual of Omaha or Monumental would be better because they are not really captive. @ Wino, I live near Pleasanton..so you are still out here? Would you be willing to train me locally, do a split with me?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS. I did check term4sale, it seems like the quotes are all for term and not whole life. I googled a few trying to get whole life quotes but it goes back on term. Also, I wanted to see a Mutual of Omaha and Monumental quote compared but they are not always listed on the quotes given.

Last edited:

@ Robert, because I was trying to find someone that would train me locally and I don't know of any GA locally that would . I was advice that I really should get local training first..go captive but I figured that Mutual of Omaha or Monumental would be better because they are not really captive. @ Wino, I live near Pleasanton..so you are still out here? Would you be willing to train me locally, do a split with me?

No, I live in the Central Valley now. I just still do a lot of work out there. Mostly referral and my own clients. I am not really a trainer. To old and bitchy. Pop me an email sometime and if I can help you let me know. Next time I am up there, you buy the Starbucks.

Go 9ers!

Okay, definetely! :) Yes, let me know when you are out here, I will buy the Starbucks.

Back