If You Had to Pick One Genworth Vs Aegon

I use GE over any Aegon but the bummer with GE is you can't contact them direct. Have to go through wholesaler. Just put one in with ING to check them out.

I use to be an IMO for Aegon,,pfl, pbl, .... The underwriting got so hard that they ran all of the agents off...

Not if its a guaranteed UL.

But if you sold it as term, then they probably were not paying the guaranteed premium from the beginning. Sounds like most clients would be better of buying term and then converting if needed. That way you don't have to catch up the UL.

Not if its a guaranteed UL.

It is a guranteed UL. The premium is calculated based upon a guarantee matching the period of time chosen. At the end of that time it lapses because there is no CV. So, if you want to continue, you will have to add premium and I suspect it will be a lot of premium.

I agree that when I run my quoter Gen does come up best price for the Sr. Market. Also, they have the really small policies that most the other carriers don't offer. However, they nit pick every detail, every Dr. appt. ever, every knee surgery and headache check up. I have a case that is in about month 4 now, she must have mentioned a check up in 2007 in her app. They will not move forward until records are produced. Can you remember every Dr. appt ever? I cannot. And my memory is still mostly intact. Maybe their products are great, if you can get one in force. They just seem to have gotten worse and worse. I don't know if it is a business plan for them to take only pref cases or to run cases out. But none of my seniors or less than preferred non seniors can seem to meet their intense uw guidlelines lately. Seriously, I just had another decline after 9 months of uw. They need to be able to just say no after a mere 4-6 months, you would think. I now go to Fidelity for the small face amounts. The RDT goes to age 75 down to 10k/non med. A heavenly experience compared to GEN, for me and my clients.

Back