If You're Hiring A Telemarketer, You Need To Have Them On A Power Dialer

Do these dialers have the ability to transfer a call to me.

Say, from Quezon City to Birmingham in a flash?

Some do. Generally you have a better job filtering interest if the information is sent on and then they are called back. If a minute later they still can't be bothered to answer the phone, that helps filter out the people just saying yes to get off the phone. At least that's what I've seen.

Some do. Generally you have a better job filtering interest if the information is sent on and then they are called back. If a minute later they still can't be bothered to answer the phone, that helps filter out the people just saying yes to get off the phone. At least that's what I've seen.

x2
Calling back does a few things;
a) It allows 'runners' to RUN, you're not looking to 'chase'.... that's why you pay the phoner to begin with.

b) It places you in a position of 'power'/ importance to be able to be the 'guy' that does the call back.
Helps create a nice separation between "your assistant" and the YOU, the 'talent'.

c)It allows you to better control WHEN, you're 'on' or 'in the ZONE' You chose when the tip-off time or when the puck drops......
I'll admit, I'm not always in the 'mood'.... at the exact moment a lead might just pop up.
When you call back, you're 'following up'....just like a professional business person, which allows you to 'feel' that way and project that image and modicum of respect IMO.

Lastly, the 'mojo' your phone agent loses by engaging in the transfer 'process' might not be WORTH the overall....
10-15% reduction in momentum he/she experiences by not just continuing to pound that phone for YOU.
Let 'em keep working while he's hot, your lead isn't going anywhere it's exclusive to you...nobody knows you just created it.;)

A few ways. Many states are one party consent so the only thing you need to do is tell your telemarketer they'll be recorded.

Even outside of the one part consent, because it's how you're running your business many (but not all) courts have held that you have the right to record the calls.

Usually the main reason why you need to worry about one party consent vs two party consent is to have it admissible in court. Fact of the matter is that if you're using it for your purposes, no reason the prospects would know. Always better to check if you're a one party consent state (in which case it's a slam dunk), but that's the long and the short of it all.

This may be a stupid question but how do you find out if you are a one party consent state? Is there a site that you can go to, or is this something that you would have to call the local gov?

The other advantage to having the calls recorded or at least the TM thinks they are being recorded is that they will stick to the script. Once they are trained to me there is no real use to the recordings but while training it's very helpful.

Josh & Gemini - Thanks for the good insight on this.

Looking to try it with a friend next week and see how it goes.

Back