I'm A Newbie And Need Help!

I find that many of the real classics were only published in small quantities and are not available in this type format.

Look I'm all for books... In fact zig is the man for helping you pre disposition your mind for rejection and a positive outlook, but the key to calls is kiss. Keep it simple stupid..

I call ask for the owner if I get them, I introduce myself and ask them if they want to save money on their GL and work comp. if they say yes I get a carrier ex date and an idea of when they like to start... Usually 60 to 90 days out.

One thing to note... Different industries have different personalities... For example truckers and contractors... Pretty nice dudes and easy to speak with, garage owners... Pretty short with you and generally grumpy since they get called a lot...I personally feel if you have a thin skin the garage class is not the place to start if you are new.

Good luck. Calling is the best way to learn change it up, see what works best for you.

Great Replies!

I wonder if you could answer a few questions.

Do you work from home?
Do you buy leads?
- Can you name your favorite lead source?
What is your daily work schedule?
- What hours do you work?
- How much time do you spend on the phone?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Great Replies!

I wonder if you could answer a few questions.

Do you work from home?
Do you buy leads?
- Can you name your favorite lead source?
What is your daily work schedule?
- What hours do you work?
- How much time do you spend on the phone?

Thank you.

I work 9 to 5. (Then for another hour or so on apps and submissions)

I work at home remotely through our California office.
My lead source, my phone and the people I know...
I was in the Internet marketing industry... If you are going after commercial lines there is no effective lead gen for this, you can buy class lists or use online resources..

Personal lines... I don't prospect for... It's all word of mouth.

Thank you! I appreciate your time.

I work 9 to 5. (Then for another hour or so on apps and submissions)

I work at home remotely through our California office.
My lead source, my phone and the people I know...
I was in the Internet marketing industry... If you are going after commercial lines there is no effective lead gen for this, you can buy class lists or use online resources..

Personal lines... I don't prospect for... It's all word of mouth.

Back