I'm Going to Try Cold Calling Today, is This a Decent Setup?

Let's use a little logic, shall we?

If you are calling from a PERSONAL line... and you are personally dialing the phone (not a robo-dialer)... you'll be fine.

If someone says to you "I'm on the DNC list", simply say "I apologize and I'll update my records."

Now, if you REPEATEDLY call that same number back... THEN you may have an issue. Of course, you'd never sell that household either, so it's a waste of time.

If you're calling from a phone in a FIRM... you need to follow the DNC to the letter... because the FIRM could get in trouble and not just you.

Easy champ. How does the dialer make it any different? What does the type of phone matter? Is a fairly simple process for an individual to file a small claims court case against anyone, individual or business. Right to private action is only $500 per offense, but it doesn't matter if it was by hand or with a dialer.

If it's an individually owned line, it's easy to say that it was a mis-dial.

No COURTEOUS individual has ever had a complaint go that far. If you're rude, forget it.

The reason I said for it to be a live dialing (versus a robo-dial) is that it always take a couple of seconds for the robo-dial & message to finally start talking. I would rather immediately talk to a live human being and not wait for someone to finally start on their 'pitch'.

Admittedly, if you have a good dialer that gets a live person talking, then it really wouldn't matter.

If you are calling from your firm (with caller ID)... and the firm has had issues with a particular person being called... you might be the lucky person playing Russian roulette in this game... and firms have MONEY to pay up on these complaints.

Anyone can make any complaint... that is true. Anyone can sue anyone for anything. But if you're calling from a personal line, and you are COURTEOUS about it... you won't have any problems.

If you want to repeatedly call that person multiple times... then you're stupid.

If it's an individually owned line, it's easy to say that it was a mis-dial.

No COURTEOUS individual has ever had a complaint go that far. If you're rude, forget it.

The reason I said for it to be a live dialing (versus a robo-dial) is that it always take a couple of seconds for the robo-dial & message to finally start talking. I would rather immediately talk to a live human being and not wait for someone to finally start on their 'pitch'.

Admittedly, if you have a good dialer that gets a live person talking, then it really wouldn't matter.

If you are calling from your firm (with caller ID)... and the firm has had issues with a particular person being called... you might be the lucky person playing Russian roulette in this game... and firms have MONEY to pay up on these complaints.

Anyone can make any complaint... that is true. Anyone can sue anyone for anything. But if you're calling from a personal line, and you are COURTEOUS about it... you won't have any problems.

If you want to repeatedly call that person multiple times... then you're stupid.
I agree with you. If youre smart about how you handle them then its all good.

Back