I'm in Arizona and was interested in providing insurance until I started studying for the exam

Omar J Guevara

I seriously cannot understand why in the world I have to learn about miscellaneous, condominium, business income loss insurance, when my interest is strictly auto insurance. I've been in the auto business for many years, after seeing the extensity of things I have to study and pass, which I won't need, I've lost interest. Has this happened to anybody else or is it just me?

Sure I can understand being unhappy about it, but it is just the way that the licenses work out. The solution to this is to have an Auto Only license, which would only confuse the situation. Frankly if we were going to split licenses further Id suggest Consumer vs Business Insurance. They are both TOTALLY different.

Besides the license requirements are not that onerous in my opinion.

I seriously cannot understand why in the world I have to learn about miscellaneous, condominium, business income loss insurance, when my interest is strictly auto insurance. I've been in the auto business for many years, after seeing the extensity of things I have to study and pass, which I won't need, I've lost interest. Has this happened to anybody else or is it just me?
Would appear you suffer from having a very short attention span. :yes: As i tell my daughter, you either have to take the bad with the good or be prepared to do without the good.

Because you could have a claim on an auto policy that exceeds the coverage you placed on the policy and you want to make sure you client has protection through an Umbrella Policy in order to cover their backside. and you can't write an Umbrella policy if you don't have the homeowners policy. Do you want Mr Smith to come knocking on your door looking for money because you failed to provide adequate coverage? also people who have auto and home policies with you are less likely to shop and move their policy than the monoline customer who does not have a relationship with you. the agent who has their home will take your auto policy EVERY time.

OMG
In general, getting the license is just being behind the insurance door. After that: The education is starting from there! If you don't feel attracted, move on. If you didn't realize the fact that things in life are interconnected, how the insurance could explain it to you?

Last edited:

When you say you've been in the auto business for years what do you mean? Did you work at an auto dealership or what was your past experience? I think the P&C exam is a vital part of being an agent, having a basic understanding of the industry. Also you need to understand what you'll be learning about those different coverages is very base level knowledge.

Back