I'm new to insurance, and don't like my situation

Survivor, I have a friend that is new to the business that just left UA to fo to Farmers. He says they are paying him20% commission on major med which seems to be preety good. I am sure you would get excellent training from a place like that, they alos use multiple companies. Of course I do not believe alot of things this friend says so I would not take my word on that commission. Training is the most important thing right now to you though. Just make sure if you sign a contract through an agency that you make sure you can leave without having to stop selling insurance for 6 months or a year. Well you could always sell different companies for that period of time.
What I did when I left UA? I worked at a factory for awhile. Got sick of that. I called a coupole local insurance places and one of the places I called gave me the number of another INdependent agent that helped me out alot. See if someone local will show you the ropes. I am sure you can find someone.

I walked into an agency today. I breifly explained my situation to the secretary and asked if one of the agents might be willing to take a few moments to speak with me. The son of the owner was nice enough to speak to me. I conveyed my desires to him and we exchanged cards. He said he would explain the situation to his father and see if he would be open to mentoring me a bit. Let's hope he gives me a call.

I have made the decision to move on to something else before too long. Problem is, I don't know what that something is.

Thanks for all the advice you fellas have given, BTW.

I put alot of faith into this job. Alot of family memebers and my wife told me numerous times that I needed to get a real job. It is tough the first couple years. My wife was praising me last year because I didn't listen to anyone and never gave up. She is happy that she can stay home with our 2 kids.

UA in McKinney is gone now-- the clown that was running it has gone to another similar MLM. The worms did leave one dropping in Plano-- Liberty National.

I put alot of faith into this job. Alot of family memebers and my wife told me numerous times that I needed to get a real job. It is tough the first couple years. My wife was praising me last year because I didn't listen to anyone and never gave up. She is happy that she can stay home with our 2 kids.
You're very interesting person. We have things in common though.

Back