Immediate coverage.. Lol

If an agent is getting as many claims contested as the agents here say I would definitely say there is a quality control issue. The company. The client base or the agent.
There a lot of agents, some long term FE guys, that do not know the difference being a claim being investigated and being contested. 100% claims during the contestable period will be investigated but only the claims they do not pay are contested claims..

Last edited:
There’s an agent from South Georgia working in my area in north Florida that’s replacing business issued T and writing it NT with Colombian . Ran into a lady that just had gotten issued Colombian Elite NT,hadn’t even received the policy yet. She has emphysema,inhalers,oxygen,and is a smoker. Not only that,the dude had her do a CV surrender for a policy in force well out of the contestability period in order to make the sale. Does Colombian do a phone interview,order an RX check ? Maybe this particular agent is thinking what the OP posted ?

No insurance company wants to pay illegitimate claims. New customer, major claim, they are going to look closely at it. Old customer, major claim, they tend to bend over backwards. New customer, life claim, looking at application.
It is not a question of whether they want to pay it or not. They can into trouble with the regulators for paying claims they are supposed to pay. It could affect the solvency of the company.

There’s an agent from South Georgia working in my area in north Florida that’s replacing business issued T and writing it NT with Colombian . Ran into a lady that just had gotten issued Colombian Elite NT,hadn’t even received the policy yet. She has emphysema,inhalers,oxygen,and is a smoker. Not only that,the dude had her do a CV surrender for a policy in force well out of the contestability period in order to make the sale. Does Colombian do a phone interview,order an RX check ? Maybe this particular agent is thinking what the OP posted ?
Columbian no longer does a phone interview but do require a Script Check and an MIB. I am not sure eith4er of those deal with smoker status unless they have been described a prescription to quit smoking..

I didn't know that you had talked with Columbian to verify what was issued. When I was contracted with Columbian they did a Rx check and a PHI, but that was several years ago.

Columbian no longer does a phone interview but do require a Script Check and an MIB. I am not sure eith4er of those deal with smoker status unless they have been described a prescription to quit smoking..

Figures,was catching the same thing before with Trans. The agent doesn’t have to tell the PI to lie on the phone interview.

He’s writing first day coverage,everyone is NT,makes the replacement much easier,and taking a gamble on the contestability period.

I have no idea how they didn’t pick you the inhalers or the oxygen equipment.

Back