G.I. first day coverage

If they contested the claim it would be on the company to prove the insured was not working 20 hours per week. The insured doesn't have to prove it.

What about the rest of my question .Is it a guaranteed premium and face amount whole life ?

Just with this product only - it was developed exclusively for the association as an offering to their members

Boston Mutual has many products in their portfolio that any agent can contract and form a relationship with - except this product.

I just ran a few quotes . $40 k age 60 ns $146 a month . The avg fe policy is $175 ish. CVS is $193 a month . There going to lose the butt on this . Isn’t the commission like 20% level ? It seems I’ve been spammed on email for like 6 plus months on this product . I was looking at the dental . $21 a month for $1000 a yr max with no age bands . That’s dirt cheap . Can agents sell the dental ?

In regard to Dental, I'm not saying don't sell or buy it, but I think you should know something about what you are selling or buying first.

Check networks.

Learn if you are dealing with a calendar year or benefit year. For example I have 3 policies right now, 2 are calendar year, 1 is benefit year. You just need to know what you have so you can relate it to your, or your client's, specific situation.

Get a more detailed description of services and go through plan limitations and exclusions.

Example: In 2020 I had dental problems start to manifest. I had 4-5 D0140 Problem focused exams and somewhere between 5-8 Periapical D0220 and D0230 xrays. Those were covered by my UHC and BlueCross dental policies, but Delta Dental KS -on policies ranging from $35-$75 per month-will only cover one D0140 exam per year. Period. Non-duplication of benefits makes that even worse, when UHC or BC pay for one D0140, Delta considers their obligation met and will not cover any D0140 exams after UHC and BC benefits are maxed out.

The last week I have been trying to see if I could uncover any additional insurance that would benefit my situation. what I saw as common in those lower priced policies is that the quantity of exams were limited. Also xrays would be limited. One policy went so far as to limit periapical xray coverage to either 1 d0220 or 1 d0230 per year. (again, relating that to a real-life example, I expect to have to have a minimum of 2 D0140 exams and 5-6 periapical xrays to review possible root canal failure, poor crown design, and a crown cracking an adjacent tooth.)

I found one cheap policy that moved whatever periapical xray coverage it had, from preventive or basic services to major services where there was a waiting period. At least one of the cheap policies I looked at moved bitewing xrays from preventive to basic benefits-that becomes an issue when there is a waiting period for basic or a deductible does not apply to preventive but applies to basic and major.

know the deductible amount and what it applies to.

One of my carriers says if a tooth receiving a crown has had a filling in the last 2 years, they will deduct the payment for the filling from their payment for the crown. That is going to cost me some money because I have to use that carrier the last part of this year.

A number of carriers move crown replacements out from 5 years to 7 or 10 years.

There are often filling restrictions, either the number of fillings that will be paid for in a year or the number of fillings per tooth, per year. For somebody with bad teeth, this may make the cheap plan not such a good deal.

Many companies will only pay for amalgam fillings on back teeth. Some dentists only do white fillings, period. Also I notice that there is some molar sensitivity to cold with amalgam that I do not have with white fillings.

I don't understand well MAC, MAB and UCR and their financial effects on me with a dental plan. As an agent I think you probably should understand those and how they relate to the plans you are selling.

I can't talk about gum treatment issues or extractions because I have not experienced those situations.

(Personally, at least for under 65, if UHC has good dental networks in your area, I would suggest taking a look at their plans-even at a higher premium they may be a better deal, particulary if a person is only going to have one plan.

I believe Boston Mutual is a work place type of company.
They contacted me several years back about working the
federal and military market in the Huntsville Redstone Arsenal
area of north Alabama.

They do have individual life as I remember.
Any one gong to market this product ?

I too looked at this. I went on my merry way and did not offer it. Comp too low and I think the mom is 25K?? Plus, they MUST work 20 or 25 hours a week. It had other items i did not like too. It's been a few month or maybe a year or so. My memory is not what it used to be.

Back