Imo/fmo lead requirement..Worth it?

Txmade99

Expert
I have been looking into a few Imo/fmos's here on this forum for Life and MAPD and looking into their websites. I got a chance to talk to a couple of them. They are a great guys, very informative and took time out to answer my questions and their companies sound like a great place to start.

However, the ones I really liked require a mandatory fee of $750 weekly at minimum for leads in order for you to join which must be paid each week. They all claim for the amount of leads you would be given, you should be able to hit a target goal of one sale per day or 5 a week. Most of them want to start you off on final expense first or on Mapd first.

My question is...is it worth it to invest money into their lead program or should you be investing that money into growing your own business locally with your own lead sources?

If anyone has paid this amount to an imo/fmo weekly, did you hit the target goal of one per day or 5 per week off of 25-40 leads given for that week or did it take a while to reach that goal? I know everyone will be different.

I suppose for some it takes the time, energy and headache away from finding/building your own lead source, especially when starting out on your own. However, is that good in the long run? It is kind of like you become dependent on their business. They also need you full time and one of the imo/fmo actually picks your hours, so it doesn't sound so "Independent" if you ask me. But I understand these type of programs is made this way to keep production and money coming.

So my question is does it really matter at the end of the day who the leads come from, as long as your getting your clientele? Is it wise or logical to spend this weekly starting out? Is it a good investment? Or should you invest this into your own business as far as your own lead source?

I was attracted to these imo/fmo's at first because I believe they will provide great training and support, although I don't need much hand holding except for simple questions on what carriers work best for this situation or this scenario for Life insurance and I have sold mapd for United Health but not med supp and would like a little bit more training on the mapd side but don't need much hand holding...point me in the right direction and I will research myself.

Also, I know their are imo/fmos that don't require a fee for their leads, but they didn't seem to have much time set up for training or support.

I will need leads and a little bit of support in the beginning. A mentorer would be great. Know searching for and imo/fmo, I guess you just have to pick your battles. Just want to know if these type of fmo/imo's are a good idea and get your opinion. Thanks.

The time it takes you to come up with a consistent lead source on your own, you probably would have already had XX number of sales, that's pretty much why people buy leads because they dont have consistent 25,50,100 leads coming in every day. So IMO yes, buying leads area good investment, as is generating your own leads while you're selling those bought leads.

Makes sense. These imo's come highly recommended on these forums, especially the one for tele-sales. After talking with them I do believe I can make it work. However some say don't waste money starting out. So I looked at another imo and they said they would provide 20 leads a week for free to door knock but I get a 70% commission and I must get a total of $2800 AP a week. So I'm really trying to decide the best route.

Back