Important Coverages to look for on your Homeowner's policy

I have AAA (used to be called CSAA) for the past 10 years on our 2 cars and home in Northern CA. Each year I ask a friend whom I share leads/prospects with (he does not do L/H nor I P/C) to quote me and he has never been able to save me more than $150 a year and it is usually from some company I never heard of.

Here a Google street-view of our house. (It's very cool how you can "walk" around a neighborhood and see it as if you were there.)

Al
Allied quote is $811 for 275000 Dwelling w/ 125% Cap, 300K Liab. 1000 deduct. Pretty high for Allied.
I just wrote one with 245000 coverage in LA for $392

I think everything is hit or miss. Last year I quoted my sister, and ALLIED came in the best price. This year, just to shop around- Travelers came in about $200 less. Actually, if you count the need for the farm bureau that adds anoth $75, it's $275 cheaper this year. Last year Travelers was $300 higher! Go figure. I think sometimes it's best to take a look at everybody every year. Although, I suppose you don't get the discounts for multiple year. But then again, if the customer sdoesn't mind swithing- as I get a higher split for new business vs. renewals :D

Good info. Here in Pa. many insurance carriers do not offer the HO-5 but will offer an all risk endorsement for personal property. Seems kind of unusual but the coverage is money well spent.

Back