Independent Contractor Pay?

Great thread. CA P&C agent Northern California commercial lines, contractors IC 1099 independent contractor. Passed exam successfully within 90-days of joining company as a telemarketer 'trainee' agent paying out-of-pocket on the final exam (paid parking / transportation all 3 exams).

More importantly I am extremely excited that the thread has confirmed my positive compensation structure of 30% new & renewal hunt or kill.. Sink or swim.. No training, get beat, no base, no friends, no benefits, straight commission baby. Just win! Hold up, I was given the boiler room Ben affect sales pitch and killed It until understanding the marketplace on my own time, in-depth research, and discussing concerns w/ initial firm unwilling to increase new vs renewal given 90% (minimum) market going rate standard aggregate of coworkers business commission reports.

Pay performers. I am straight commission agent, new to market both industry and position/inside role. I get 30% commission on new business, I cold call, close avg 2 policies a day, 8 Ss#s a day, and I am the top sales agent about to hit first full year in September (thus haven't hit the renewals yet but it's the same).

Never mistake ones kindness for weakness. Pay-per-performance.
You have nothing to lose, only gain.
Really all about transparency, integrity, and true honesty. Ownership beliefs and integrity will shine through the systems in place I can only suggest/recommend a very transparent and universal compensation structure with very clear communication among all agents. I have seen Fellow agents bickering blah blah about how one structure is this way one is that way, look setup transparent business foundation that you can plug and play anyone into and they will succeed.

Setup strong foundation investing in solid systems will save you long-term money. Wake up from the cloud and get in that cloud!

I heard one new agency/broker giving 100% new business and 25ish% (stopped reading renewal % after shocked in awe comparing my current new business 30%).
Check this: I took a 75% decrease annual pay taking on this job based upon 2014 #s

My 2014 gross selling Ins 1099 IC was 75% decrease of income from prior year (2013). I am on target to double my 2013 income projecting thus far for 2015 (Change of scenery).

Numbers don't lie

Back