Indiana Cold Knocking?

HoosierLife

Automate Appointments https://agentautopilot.com
5000 Post Club
Indiana insurance agents are exempt from state DNC restrictions. Does Anybody know if this is true for door knocking. Would I still need to get a peddlers permit.

I've door knocked for another sales job in indiana for 3 years and only got one peddlers license in that time. I've been chased out of 3 or 4 neighborhoods by the cops though.

Indiana insurance agents are exempt from state DNC restrictions. Does Anybody know if this is true for door knocking. Would I still need to get a peddlers permit.

I've door knocked for another sales job in indiana for 3 years and only got one peddlers license in that time. I've been chased out of 3 or 4 neighborhoods by the cops though.

If only they were exempt from federal DNC restrictions.

Rick

I would think that would be more of a city/county thing that either state or federal.

Whatever department you have to get your "peddlers permit"/ solicitors permit, should be able to tell you the rules on door to door solicitation.

It is unconstitutional to forbid door to door solicitation. Several towns here had to recently deal with that. Depending on state law, the town can require a permit and may have a Do Not Solicit list for residents. Also, the town may require you to observe No Solicitation signs.

Of course, it also depends on the local police to enforce it. They may or may not bother unless you become a real problem.

Maien exempts insurance agents from needing a peddlers permit...The times I have done cold knocking I always drop by the police station and let them know what I plan to do and the rough area. The have typically asked for my name and make Model of my car and plate number so if anyone calls in as suspisious they can let them know I am legal.

Yeah I've only been in one town that the cops were actively running sales ppl outta town. That was right after a major hail storm, I was a rep for a contractor. That town had a no soliciting city ordinance that the cops really enforced.

I agree it's unconstitutional to stop us, but there are still local laws against it. I know the Mormons or JWs went to the Supreme Court about handing out religious lit. They won. But even when knocking doors for my church people don't care about Supreme Court rulings if they think you are bothering them.

If somebody wants to get arrested for door knocking and take it to the Supreme Court I'm all for it. Me, I'll just drive down a few streets and knock somewhere else.

Back