Individual Health Marketing Cost

Most are paying what the agent has historically been used to.

I have no control over what they will do in the future. The only thing I know is that if I sell a plan today I get 20% when it issues.

Thats not going to stop me selling the business today.

I cannot imagine anyone saying "Mr client, I know that you want to apply for this plan today, but I don't know what they are going to pay me, so for now I am going to pass. I tell you what though, as soon as I know what I am going to be getting paid I will call you and we can write that application"

Reading is a skill. I said I wouldn't solicit new business unless it was a referral or they came to me. You are getting paid 20 % for two more months after that you don't know what your getting paid, which doesn't sound like a great business plan. So again if you are actively seeking new Health Business and not knowing what your getting paid all I can say is good luck.

Reading is a skill. I said I wouldn't solicit new business unless it was a referral or they came to me. You are getting paid 20 % for two more months after that you don't know what your getting paid, which doesn't sound like a great business plan. So again if you are actively seeking new Health Business and not knowing what your getting paid all I can say is good luck.

By the same token, abandoning the health market altogether without knowing what one will be paid seems foolish as well. I've got bills to pay today and it takes time to diversify, so in the meantime I can't just sit on my hands and wait for the figures to come out.

Nobody knows yet, it could be better than anticipated. For instance, I have heard rumors from one company in particular that is considering offering a tiered system. Those who are writing under 50 policies a year make next to nothing. Those writing 100+, 200+ will be afforded higher compensation.

By the same token, abandoning the health market altogether without knowing what one will be paid seems foolish as well. I've got bills to pay today and it takes time to diversify, so in the meantime I can't just sit on my hands and wait for the figures to come out.

Nobody knows yet, it could be better than anticipated. For instance, I have heard rumors from one company in particular that is considering offering a tiered system. Those who are writing under 50 policies a year make next to nothing. Those writing 100+, 200+ will be afforded higher compensation.

That maybe true if that's your only option but in all fairness you should of seen this coming and already diversified. I assumed anybody who has been in this business would have had a plan of action.

Those who fail to plan, plan to fail!

Last edited:
That maybe true if that's your only option but in all fairness you of seen this coming and already diversified. I assumed anybody who has been in this business would have had a plan of action.

You must not be from the South. We don't plan anything around here.

We just kinda wait for things to happen, and then we react with vigor and determination or just sit around drinking, either way.

That maybe true if that's your only option but in all fairness you should of seen this coming and already diversified. I assumed anybody who has been in this business would have had a plan of action.

Of course we saw it coming, and are working to diversify. The health leads still come en mass while the other lines come much slower. Personally I'm never turning down business unless it's clearly negative lifetime ROI. I envy those in the position to ignore incoming leads.

Of course we saw it coming, and are working to diversify. The health leads still come en mass while the other lines come much slower. Personally I'm never turning down business unless it's clearly negative lifetime ROI. I envy those in the position to ignore incoming leads.

Again reading is a skill, if you have people calling you or already have you paid for then yes I would do it. But I wouldn't pay for new leads, instead I would concentrate on something where I know what my returns will be.

Business 101: Return on investment

Our agency uses in-house telemarketers to generate small (< 5 employees) business health leads. We get 5 leads for every policy sold. The new people get free leads for a few weeks.

Most successful agents purchase leads of some sort.

I think that the lead vendors will be picking up more traffic.

If you believe that, boy have I got some.....

What is your definition of successful?
Buying online leads is relatively a new thing maybe the last 5 years or so. I don't buy leads I generate my own. I would like to hear what your ROI is on the leads you buy?

I have been ranked #1 for about month on a couple of key search terms and I have seen traffic increase along with sales. For every lead I create when I call them they answer the phone. This is why I think 100 policies a month is possible.

Back