Individual Health Marketing Cost

Reading is a skill. I said I wouldn't solicit new business unless it was a referral or they came to me. You are getting paid 20 % for two more months after that you don't know what your getting paid, which doesn't sound like a great business plan. So again if you are actively seeking new Health Business and not knowing what your getting paid all I can say is good luck.

"John works for Coca Cola. He has been told that in the next few months there are going to be pay cuts across the board for all employees. There may even be some redundancies. John does not know what his pay will be in January. They expect an announcement in mid December detailing the cuts. John has a mortgage of $800 per month, the usual bills associated with a family of 5. His eldest is going to college next year"

What does John do?

Answer: He knows that if he shows up to work, does what is required he will be paid X in his next paycheck. Does he look for another job? Maybe. But would he leave his current job, not knowing what his paycheck would be in January. I expect not. He will deal with that when it arises. Poor planing? Maybe. But he has bills to pay next week.

What is your definition of successful?

To me a successful agent is one writing 2 apps($6k AV) per week +.

Granted to my friends who write 10 apps per week, 2 apps is a failure.

I don't buy leads I generate my own. I would like to hear what your ROI is on the leads you buy?

5:1 to 10:1....depends on:

Real Time or Aged

My Mood

How stupid the leads are this week...

I For every lead I create when I call them they answer the phone.

I think this is the exception to the rule.

As you generate more leads, things will even out.

This is why I think 100 policies a month is possible.

100 policies a month is not likely at all, not even probable.

If you became so good at seo, that you could generate enough leads to write 5 apps a day....then u could just do that for a living, create lead generating sites.

I know the owners of the Top 2 & 3 spots on google for fl health ins, and even though they generate 10-20 leads per day, they aren't writing 5 apps a day from those leads, and they are experts.

Last edited:
Well John won't be able to pay his mortgage if they decide to pay him minimum wage. So if John was smart he better get a second job and look for a better job real quick. That is what John's smart co-worker Sam did. Sam saw this coming and started planing a year and half ago because he saw what was coming and so did everybody else with 1/2 of a brain.

To me a successful agent is one writing 2 apps($6k AV) per week +.

Granted to my friends who write 10 apps per week, 2 apps is a failure.

5:1 to 10:1....depends on:

Real Time or Aged

My Mood

How stupid the leads are this week...

I think this is the exception to the rule.

As you generate more leads, things will even out.

100 policies a month is not likely at all, not even probable.

If you became so good at seo, that you could generate enough leads to write 5 apps a day....then u could just do that for a living, create lead generating sites.

I know the owners of the Top 2 & 3 spots on google for fl health ins, and even though they generate 10-20 leads per day, they aren't writing 5 apps a day from those leads, and they are experts.

Interesting ratio.

I have been selling online for 12 years. I know if I generate 20 leads a day I will be able to talk to almost 15 of them.
Of the 15 I will write 5 of them with in the sale cycle. Getting all 5 approved is a different story.

Time will tell

Interesting ratio.

I have been selling online for 12 years. I know if I generate 20 leads a day I will be able to talk to almost 15 of them.
Of the 15 I will write 5 of them with in the sale cycle. Getting all 5 approved is a different story.

Time will tell

Maybe FL consumers are all pikers, but I find a 75% contact ratio unrealistic.

Well John won't be able to pay his mortgage if they decide to pay him minimum wage. So if John was smart he better get a second job and look for a better job real quick. That is what John's smart co-worker Sam did. Sam saw this coming and started planing a year and half ago because he saw what was coming and so did everybody else with 1/2 of a brain.

What planet are you living on? John cannot just change jobs like that. The economy is in tatters, no one is hiring and he would be lucky to find something that would pay half his income that he is getting now. He's been with the company 20 years.

Maybe you had a crystal ball: The rest of the world does not have that luxury.

Thats not what was alluded to originally. We ALL know that health agents have to diversify to stay in the game (I am afraid you don't have a monopoly on that little gem) I did it 8 years ago, that does not make me any smarter than anyone else. Right now it makes only 20% of our agency's revenue.

But again, life goes on, so yes, we still solicit health business (like 90% of health agents out there) Why not?

No one knows what the future holds and again, if I sell a policy this week, next week I get 20%.

I'm not on the Dumb Ass planet where I'm stupid to solicit business where I don't know what I'm going to get paid. Why should I, I can sell other product where I know what I'm getting paid. Unless they come to me, I'm not wasting my time. Even my rookie agent can figure this one out. Cheers!

I'm not on the Dumb Ass planet where I'm stupid to solicit business where I don't know what I'm going to get paid. Why should I, I can sell other product where I know what I'm getting paid. Unless they come to me, I'm not wasting my time. Even my rookie agent can figure this one out. Cheers!

Such a professional agent that you are.

Your Mom must be really proud of you.

Back