Industry wide first year turnover rate?

What's the oldest lead anyone has made a sale from? I've heard some have made sales from 2yr old leads.

What's the oldest lead anyone has made a sale from? I've heard some have made sales from 2yr old leads.
I’ve purchased aged DM leads from time to time and doorknocked them for fill in activity. I like to buy a pile of the cheapest available, so they’re almost always older than 2 years. I’m sure I’ve written one or two that were as much as 10 years old.

I’ve done 5-year old leads before. But I used to qualify everyone I met with as:
Yes today
Yes later
No
The yes today’s you sold n 1st call.
The no’s you just killed them and didn’t waste more time.
The yes laters I would put in my database that I called my prospect farm. I would send physical letters to them 3-times a year and call them twice a year. Many of them I chased WAY too long. But I would always be pulling a few through that funnel every month. It was not uncommon to sell someone that I had been farming for 5-years.
I worked that way because I started in funeral Preneed. And when you sell for a funeral way less geographical area to cover so you didn’t give up on any prospects very easily unless they were showing no signs of ever buying.
When I learned how other successful agents would just skim the cream off of their direct mail leads through and never looked at it again I couldn’t believe at first how wasteful they were.
But it finally occurred to me to just spend more money mailing to random targets each month just work your fresh responses each week and stop all that labor-intensive prospect farming.
But back to your original question you can sell 20 year-old leads if they still live in the same house. Sometimes the 20 year old version of the lead is going to be better cause they might’ve been 48 years old when they mailed the lead and now they are 68 years old.
But fresh leads are always going to bear the most fruit.

Back