Inground Pool - Unfenced...GEICO? Homesite?

Ok I have to respond, I grew in a house with an un-fenced pool, everyone in my family is still alive, I also have never worn a helmet while riding my tricycle, I watch my iPad all the time and leave my iPhone in pocket all day and no cancer. Myself and kids are all vaccinated and I'm the only one that has problems ?.

Hehe

But did you go blind from sitting to close to the TV or did your face 'freeze like that'? There are all kinds of childhood disasters just waiting to happen.....

Seriously though, most carriers in my area won't touch an unfenced pool, but, if the agent didn't mention it not being fenced and the carrier doesn't do a reasonable (if any) inspection, the policy will stay there. Face it, inspections are frequently just quick drive-bys and if the pool isn't seen from the road, it won't be an issue most of the time.

Dan

This particular township (somewhat rural) doesn't require pools to be fenced. Does any write homesite (or used to write homesite..) that can confirm their UW guidelines on pools?

So I lost an account today to GEICO. The people have an unfenced inground pool & I'm pretty sure GEICO only writes HO through Liberty Mutual or Homesite...will those guys write something like that? Did the phone rep forget to ask & maybe it will get termed upon inspection?
I sell both, neither will take the house, Liberty does not inspect every home, but Homesite does. It will get cancelled if the house is inspected.

Also, the Liberty system will reject and not rate the house as soon as you click pool w/no fence.

I sell both, neither will take the house, Liberty does not inspect every home, but Homesite does. It will get cancelled if the house is inspected.

Also, the Liberty system will reject and not rate the house as soon as you click pool w/no fence.

THANK YOU - I investigated myself & called GEICO pretending that I myself wanted a quote. I told them I had an unfenced pool & the rep said it "may" be OK but they'd have to run my information. They said it would be ran through Homesite. I specifically asked "what are the underwriting guidelines & how does an unfenced pool change based off my reports?" He then backed off entirely & said they wouldn't do it....

I really hope this insured get's cancelled & comes crawling back. Now I could tell the insured to hold off on me cancelling their existing package in case they fail inspection OR I could just cancel & figure fu*k them for disregarding me as an agent & let them go down in flames.

THANK YOU - I investigated myself & called GEICO pretending that I myself wanted a quote. I told them I had an unfenced pool & the rep said it "may" be OK but they'd have to run my information. They said it would be ran through Homesite. I specifically asked "what are the underwriting guidelines & how does an unfenced pool change based off my reports?" He then backed off entirely & said they wouldn't do it.... I really hope this insured get's cancelled & comes crawling back. Now I could tell the insured to hold off on me cancelling their existing package in case they fail inspection OR I could just cancel & figure fu*k them for disregarding me as an agent & let them go down in flames.

Get a written cancellation request signed from them. Also tell them you need their new declaration page. Uploaded into your management system and that will cover you from any legal issues.

I would ask you to rethink your position, the FM approach is not a winning strategy. Would you want some one to treat your mother that way?

My father was self made man and financially wealthy and till his dying day bent over backwards for even the most difficult client and when he died had over 1500 people at his wake.

Now I have been temped to take your approach and as I write this note I am loosing a 400k premium client, but I will not blow up the relationship. He may comeback one day and importantly, why would I give him something bad to say about me in the community. Take a breath and if that does not work take another.

Bobby

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

Well technically I would just be cancelling their policy as per their request & I'd never actually speak w/ profanity or rudeness to a client. I actually fully advised them their new carrier may cancel & asked to hold off on cancelling my policies as it may be their last resort..

They complied, but more so because they're so stupid they think cancelling NOW means cancelling TODAY instead of their new policy start date next month (despite me explaining that.) Honestly, some people are so magnificently stupid it blows my mind.

Ultimately money is my #1 priority & I would never cost myself money. So of course I'll be doing everything I can to retain the policy. That's not to say I wouldn't pay $500 to be able to punch these fools in their faces with no legal consequences. I guess in personal lines you come across more fools then commercial...

Back