Insurance Lead Generation Idea - Any Input Appreciated!

Jacob Kingston

Hi there, I've just signed up today and look forward to discussing various topics in the future.

I wondered if anyone can help me, I would like to know what successes companies may have had in offering a prize to consumers who apply for an insurance quote?

Here's my thoughts on how it would work..... Competition emails would be sent out via our affiliates, offering a prize to win their insurance premium paid for a year when they get a quote.

So the responder would need to supply key insurance-related information when they hit our site, including, for example, their contact details, property type, bedrooms, year built, tenure, number of occupants (something along those lines).

These leads would be passed onto the insurer and followed up on the phone with an entry being awarded when the responder is given a quotation reference. This could be drawn weekly or monthly.

Would the conversion rate achieved from this approach be equal to that of a non-incentivized lead? Also, would this not encourage a lower drop-off rate if the consumer HAS TO complete the call in order to gain entry to the draw?

Also, would insurers find this an appealing alternative to their usual leadgen methods if the right cost per lead could be achieved? Is the free brand exposure also appealing?

It's something I'm keen to test in the UK as we have traffic going to our various survey sites, but don't currently have a partner to trial it with. Any thoughts or suggestions would be really welcome. Thanks!

Hi there, I've just signed up today and look forward to discussing various topics in the future.

I wondered if anyone can help me, I would like to know what successes companies may have had in offering a prize to consumers who apply for an insurance quote?

Here's my thoughts on how it would work..... Competition emails would be sent out via our affiliates, offering a prize to win their insurance premium paid for a year when they get a quote.

So the responder would need to supply key insurance-related information when they hit our site, including, for example, their contact details, property type, bedrooms, year built, tenure, number of occupants (something along those lines).

These leads would be passed onto the insurer and followed up on the phone with an entry being awarded when the responder is given a quotation reference. This could be drawn weekly or monthly.

Would the conversion rate achieved from this approach be equal to that of a non-incentivized lead? Also, would this not encourage a lower drop-off rate if the consumer HAS TO complete the call in order to gain entry to the draw?

Also, would insurers find this an appealing alternative to their usual leadgen methods if the right cost per lead could be achieved? Is the free brand exposure also appealing?

It's something I'm keen to test in the UK as we have traffic going to our various survey sites, but don't currently have a partner to trial it with. Any thoughts or suggestions would be really welcome. Thanks!

No idea about the UK, but in the States, anti-rebating laws won't allow this.

Also, leads generated by indirect means or incentivized in some way ("fill out this form and get a FREE TV*") are generally very low quality time wasters.

Aaron

"*and insurance quote"

Back