So this thread is just for posting about bad/negative lead companies? And not lead companies we have dealt with and had positive experiences?

Hi Greg!

This thread is about growing a list of insurance lead companies and hearing both positive and negative feedback about their experiences.

We do want to hear about the negative feedback to protect other advisors from making the same mistakes.

Any lead vendor recommendations?

Thanks!

I am not a fan of blasting negatives. Every vendor is different and we have all had issues with one or more at times. A major plus for me is customer service........And a good exchange program. The newest company on the block (Sales Lead Network) get my vote for customer service, exchange and lead quality. Although others may have good quality leads, I look at the customer service. To each his own.

I am not a fan of blasting negatives. Every vendor is different and we have all had issues with one or more at times. A major plus for me is customer service........And a good exchange program. The newest company on the block (Sales Lead Network) get my vote for customer service, exchange and lead quality. Although others may have good quality leads, I look at the customer service. To each his own.

I've been looking at them though I wish I could hear from some who have been around the forum a while,

I'm sorry but I always feel a little suspicious when I see one or 2 posts from someone high on a lead company, you might not be that guy, but got to be cautious

Soooooo, are you in sales or customer service with SLN? :wacko:

Last edited:
Oh man...I SOOO want to comment and put in my 2 cents on this one!! LOL. However, I'm not going to add a list or name names here. I'm just going to say this. Some good resources have been mentioned and certainly others exist.

Remember, a "key" for agents and agencies to successfully navigate the vast universe of "lead vendors" is to understand the basic differences between lead "types" and the different ways leads are generated.

That aspect plays a major role in expectation and pricing,too. Direct-mail, telemarketing, billboards, printed ads, radio, internet, pay-per-click, social media, podcasts, surveys, books/free reports, association referrals, live seminars/workshops and pre-set appointments are some examples of ways that "leads" are created. This may seem obvious to some, but many agents don't think this all the way through!

Furthermore, newer agents are often never taught about A leads vs. B leads, shared vs. exclusive etc. These aspects roll up to the actual lead vendors themselves! Ask THEM (vendors) about their guarantees, refund or replacement policies and ask to see their terms in writing. Guess what will happen? Several will just fold or perhaps even hang up! Unfortunately, I've experienced this several times in my 20+ year career doing my own research.

Lastly for now, avoid using any vendors that aren't current on all compliance issues!!
*Remember, their basic goal is to sell LEADS or LISTS. However, it is the agent or agency that will be the ones actually contacting these "leads." The agent or agency is ultimately the one putting up the hard-earned money, reputation and livelihood on the line. ~ JTB

*P.S. Be careful with robots and auto-dialers, too --- ask the vendor if they utilize any robo-dialers and inquire about Do Not Call and other laws. *P.P.S. If the vendor uses direct-mail, then you should inquire about proper disclosures/disclaimers on the letters, postcards or mailers being sent out --- these varies by state.

That website looks shady AF!!

Are they too poor to pay an extra $50/y for a secure ssl connection? (basic feature for any business site)
And they expect people to enter their credit card info on that site??!!!

No return policy. (exchanging a sh*t lead for a sh*t lead does an agent no good)

Then they want you to agree not to dispute any credit card charges....

No info on the company is given, no address, no history given.

Hard pass.

Definitely one of the most shady lead companies Ive ever seen based on the website.

Back