And you really think these reviews rank one program to the next. I don't think so.

These reviews are too high level, and they are general descriptions of the programs at best.

That's not a review.

In my opinion, reviewing and ranking a marketing program is data-driven.

I want to know what works in which state at what time of the year. That's a review.

How one program in South Carolina in September may not perform the same as Oregon in May.

Since lead vendors typically won't tell you when, where, and how they stink, its hard to rank on those factors alone. It's all upsell.

This is why I won't rank, and frankly, no one except the lead vendor itself will know that info.

And you really think these reviews rank one program to the next. I don't think so.

These reviews are too high level, and they are general descriptions of the programs at best.

That's not a review.

I want to know what works in which state at what time of the year. That's a review.

How one program in South Carolina in September may not perform the same as Oregon in May.

Since lead vendors typically won't tell you when, where, and how they stink, its hard to rank on those factors alone. It's all upsell.

This is why I won't rank, and frankly, no one except the lead vendor itself will know that info.
Hmmmmmm. :err:

That's not a review.

I just want to know which ones have worked for you and you continue to buy because it's cost-effective and which ones you have dumped because they didn't work for you

not too complicated

have you used these providers?

I just want to know which ones have worked for you and you continue to buy because it's cost-effective and which ones you have dumped because they didn't work for you

not too complicated

have you used these providers?

Good Morning Vic!

I have not personally used any of these marketing programs simply because I'm affiliated with an FMO/IMO..whatever you wanna call us.

I will say some agents I've worked with were successful, and more were failures, and that's not necessarily the lead vendors fault all the time. Sometimes it's the agent's fault.

Like I mentioned before there are too many factors involved to clearly say which programs are a "silver bullet" and which ones are "duds".

These vendors have been around for a while so they are doing something right otherwise they wouldn't be in business.

I will also say that some of these programs listed, I don't have experience with. The point of the list was to have a reference for agents/advisors to find new lead programs for themselves not review each and every program.

I'm in year 11 of being in the FMO space, and I constantly have agents asking for lead help, and where to start. This is the reference they want so I'm providing it without any hassle.

If you go back and read my blog post, I advise to "dip your toes" into any one of these programs, and figure out which program works best for you. Be skeptical.

A handful of the vendors are "pay as you go" so your not investing a ton upfront which is nice.

The second part of this thread was to get your feedback on any lead vendors that ripped an agent off simply to warn other agents.

Does this make sense?

I know this isn't the answer you wanted to read, but I wanted to be transparent.

Good Morning Vic!

I have not personally used any of these marketing programs simply because I'm affiliated with an FMO/IMO..whatever you wanna call us.

Sometimes it's the agent's fault.

These vendors have been around for a while so they are doing something right otherwise they wouldn't be in business.

I will also say that some of these programs listed, I don't have experience with.

I'm in year 11 of being in the FMO space, and I constantly have agents asking for lead help, and where to start. This is the reference they want so I'm providing it without any hassle.

Wowo wow wow

You never used any You are and FMO and you think automatically its the agent's fault when they are not good, Just because they have been around a while so they must be doing something right??

That is scary when you put those statements together

I can say if you ask any agent that has used them Netquote, NextGen, All web leads and precise leads are the biggest rip-offs around

Gues they have been around a while because they give a crap for good money

Benepath is ok but far from where they were a year ago, I just get by with them now where they were really good for a long time

The rest I don't know

However, to assume if an agent fails with a lead company it must be his fault because the lead company has been around awhile, As an FMO that is supposed to help an agent succeed, is sickening

Wowo wow wow

You never used any You are and FMO and you think automatically its the agent's fault when they are not good, Just because they have been around a while so they must be doing something right??

That is scary when you put those statements together

I can say if you ask any agent that has used them Netquote, NextGen, All web leads and precise leads are the biggest rip-offs around

Gues they have been around a while because they give a crap for good money

Benepath is ok but far from where they were a year ago, I just get by with them now where they were really good for a long time

The rest I don't know

However, to assume if an agent fails with a lead company it must be his fault because the lead company has been around awhile, As an FMO that is supposed to help an agent succeed, is sickening

Vic -

You're over reacting, and clearly not reading the original blog post nor the entirety of this thread.

Instead, you are reacting to a statement that says "sometimes it's the agent's fault" which is true. Ever hear the 80/20 rule? 20% are closers, and the other 80% are not.

There are agents I've seen in the past that could not close a door let alone a lead, but then another agent working the same program closing leads again and again.

This is what I meant. If you had taken the time to read the rest of this thread you would also realize that the agent's location comes into play. The time of year comes into play. The lead vendor's marketing tactics come into play (you can read my commentary on this topic in other forums), and why I'm asking who is a ripoff and why they are a ripoff.

All these factors are stated, and consistently warning to have precaution going into a program.

Vic - If the stated vendors "suck" how about you tell us why they suck than just say they suck. That would be more productive.

Did the vendor sell your leads to other agents at the same time, and not exclusive to you? Did they not refund your money with a legitimate reason? Did they use false advertisement? These sorts of examples are considered a ripoff.

Just to be clear, I'm not defending any of these vendors. I'm just trying to put a list together for others interested.

As far as an FMO helping an agent goes, would you rather someone like myself shoot your straight, or upsell you to death? I'd rather "sicken" you. I'd rather tell you the truth.

Vic -

You're over reacting, and clearly not reading the original blog post nor the entirety of this thread.

Instead, you are reacting to a statement that says "sometimes it's the agent's fault" which is true. Ever hear the 80/20 rule? 20% are closers, and the other 80% are not.

There are agents I've seen in the past that could not close a door let alone a lead, but then another agent working the same program closing leads again and again.

This is what I meant. If you had taken the time to read the rest of this thread you would also realize that the agent's location comes into play. The time of year comes into play. The lead vendor's marketing tactics come into play (you can read my commentary on this topic in other forums), and why I'm asking who is a ripoff and why they are a ripoff.

All these factors are stated, and consistently warning to have precaution going into a program.

Vic - If the stated those vendors "suck" how about you tell us why they suck than just say they suck. That would be more productive.

Did the vendor sell your leads to other agents at the same time, and not exclusive to you? Did they not refund your money with a legitimate reason? Did they use false advertisement? These sorts of examples are considered a ripoff.

Just to be clear, I'm not defending any of these vendors. I'm just trying to put a list together for others interested.

As far as an FMO helping an agent goes, would you rather someone like myself shoot your straight, or upsell you to death? I'd rather "sicken" you. I'd rather tell you the truth.

why they suck, Becuase they send you people who never requested quote the wrong DOB's, Medicare leads that turn out to be 30 years old, People that dies 3 years ago, everything wrong exclusive leads that scream at you because they were called by 1000 agents and the list goes on and on

why they suck, Becuase they send you people who never requested quote the wrong DOB's, Medicare leads that turn out to be 30 years old, People that dies 3 years ago, everything wrong exclusive leads that scream at you because they were called by 1000 agents and the list goes on and on

Ok, that's constructive criticism. Would you mind letting us know specific examples to specific vendors please?

Also did you get a refund or another lead in exchange for these sort of leads?

Ok, that's constructive criticism. Would you mind letting us know specific examples to specific vendors please?

Also did you get a refund or another lead in exchange for these sort of leads?

Next-gen, for example, has a generous lead return reason policy However what they don't tell you, It takes a month before they do returns and when they do they have a I think it was 10% return policy so you get beat

others like precise you just don't get a hold of so many so you get beat, Last AEP I pain $600 per deal, That is with big promotions which is why I tried them, Had I not had the promotions I would have paid near $1000 per deal worse the time lost that could have gone to more productive activity

A good lead for medicare will be $300 per deal, without massive returned leads to waste too much time, Benepath used to be there gone up to about $400 pre deal this year though and with more returns which mean more time lost

Next-gen, for example, has a generous lead return reason policy However what they don't tell you, It takes a month before they do returns and when they do they have a I think it was 10% return policy so you get beat

others like precise you just don't get a hold of so many so you get beat, Last AEP I pain $600 per deal, That is with big promotions which is why I tried them, Had I not had the promotions I would have paid near $1000 per deal worse the time lost that could have gone to more productive activity

A good lead for medicare will be $300 per deal, without massive returned leads to waste too much time, Benepath used to be there gone up to about $400 pre deal this year though and with more returns which mean more time lost

Vic - Would you mind sharing when you used these programs (year)?

Anyone else have similar issues with these specific vendors?

Vic - Random question. Would you go back to these lead vendors if they improved the quality of leads, refund times, everything?

Back