Insurance Leads - My Personal Review

Let me see if I have the math right. You make $34/month average on one of these policies that you just mail out and get back without talking to anyone. You get one a day (I'm assuming 5 per week but maybe it is 6) so that would be $34 x 5 x 4 = $680 per month (or $816 per month at 6 per week) in income from these mailed packets. But your postage costs are $750 per week or $3000 per month?

on average we mail out 40 pieces of mail Mon- Friday.
on average we get about 40 leads per day. every lead we get is called but sometimes the prospect wont pick up or its a bogus phone number. I would say about 1/3 of our internet leads answer the phone. I would also say about 1/3 will call later in the week after the quote is recieved and the information packet is in their hands. The remaining third who knows.. these are the mystery and yes we get one sale/app per day from someone we've never spoken with. How do we get the sale? Pot luck? Well my best guess is people like to have information in writing so they can review it at their discretion.

Cheers
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Let me see if I have the math right. You make $34/month average on one of these policies that you just mail out and get back without talking to anyone. You get one a day (I'm assuming 5 per week but maybe it is 6) so that would be $34 x 5 x 4 = $680 per month (or $816 per month at 6 per week) in income from these mailed packets. But your postage costs are $750 per week or $3000 per month?

My Apologies,

After re-reading you post, I 'm not certain but I think your looking to figure out what our total monthly production numbers are?

I can tell you we get one app per day without contacting anyone.. so its about 400.00 per day in commissions and pays a large portion of out advertising budget.

Last edited:
So you're spending about $150/day on mailing to make about $400/day?

That alone is a very good ROI but it doesn't include your lead costs. I don't know if the mailing cost includes supply costs (envelopes, printing, etc.) or just postage. Either way, still pretty good ROI.

Back