Insurance license-petty theft charge

Cosmic1

Hello all. Im in Florida and I recently got hired on with a big insurance company. I am currently unlicensed. In a few months the company will be using Kaplan to get us license for P&C. 13 years ago I was with an ex gf in a store she stole some things without me knowing and I got a petty theft charge because of it. Again this was in 2010 13 years ago. I went into a deferment, paid a small fine to the store and took a theft class. Will this keep me from being licensed?

Hello all. Im in Florida and I recently got hired on with a big insurance company. I am currently unlicensed. In a few months the company will be using Kaplan to get us license for P&C. 13 years ago I was with an ex gf in a store she stole some things without me knowing and I got a petty theft charge because of it. Again this was in 2010 13 years ago. I went into a deferment, paid a small fine to the store and took a theft class. Will this keep me from being licensed?
Shouldn't be a problem. Be honest and list the details on your contracting.

If it's a problem, you can always get on with Banker's Life and Casualty.

Last edited:
May I ask what makes you say this? Also I should say that they will be licensing us in all states I believe

It's a minor offense. List it on the applications and provide an explanation.

Yeah Im hoping thats my savibg grace but I read that they care about crimes of moral turpitude and branch of trust. So that's what concerns me

You stated that you will be getting licensed in a few months. Why not go to your current employer and ask them? Get it over with now that way if the carrier will not, you do not waste the employer and your time.

Back