Insurance Manager's Maxims From Day's Gone BY

I laughed out loud on that one. :laugh:

My mom and dad scrapped pennies to by a ser of World Book for my older sisters. They were heavy suckers and came with a walnut book stand.

We owned a complete set also. I think I remember looking up I'm those expensive books of knowledge what food stamps were & what Government cheese was

I started on a debit with Liberty National. The sales manager who trained me was easy going. I heard he was promoted so he wouldn't be fired for writing so much business to people who didn't live too long. Said he carried a mirror and if they could breath on it and cause it to fog the application was submitted. The district manager was a hard nose. Had headlight checks on Friday because he wanted his agents to work late after dark. Had me in his office many times over the years for things I had done that he didn't agree with. Have a good week and you were the star at Friday's meeting. If the next week wasn't as productive you were a SOB. He put a small statue on my desk that said on the bottom "your raise will become effective when you become effective". Spent 14 years thinking Liberty National was the only company to work for. Came to my senses in 1991.
Sounds like Hobart Preston who was a LN manager in Athens, TN.

Back