Insurance Website Earning Good Revenue

Have you had anyone sign up from this forum yet. I hope you have some way to track. There is one way, try looking in to Statcounter.com it can let you know where people are coming from to see if your whole with posting affiliate links and spamming this forum works.

You sure have a lot to say, but most of it is worthless.

Yes, 28 agents have received free directory listings so far. This will benefit their agencies because our directory has been producing a steady stream of leads for over 11 years.

I accept your challenge. Go right ahead and build a competing directory that ranks higher in those keywords you mentioned. As soon as you reach 2 million visitors I will concede that you have the better directory.

Also, make sure to use spell check when you insult people otherwise you may not look very credible!! As an example, the word weather is used in meteorology and not as a conjunction in a sentence.

Last edited:
Let me make sure I understand what you are saying. Just minutes ago, I submitted one of my sites in the Search Site directory, which I think is a PR 4. The page with my link is listed below and does not appear to have a PR. Does that mean the backlink is essentially worthless?

Thanks.

Directory Listing for Financial, Insurance at SearchSight.com

Every backlink helps... What I would not do is pay for a listing in any directory, thats just me. The best ones are always free. Like http://www.DMOZ.com (takes a long time to get listed)

The only exception that I could think of is when my websites link is on the page with a high PR. If directory has a PR 4 and the page where my listing is going to be has a PR 0 then it is not with paying for it.

Here is a list of hundreds of free directories that you can submit your website to.

Free Directory List - List of free directories

Last edited:
this is so much fun, i want to join in. I am looking for the feedback from those 28 agents myself. How much traffic have you received from this directory?

PS i want to add, how many people type in ____ ____ directory when they search for insurance?

wait I just happen to know how many...
Auto Insurance Directory 16 a month
Health Insurance Directory 95 a month
Life Insurance Directory 33 a month
Property Insurance Directory 0 a month
Insurance Agents Directory
24 a month

so while its nice being at the top of the heap, it matters not when no one it looking in your pile. :D

the other sad part about it is... worldwide, these are the stats... and they are probably from you checking to see if you are still #1 or #2.

that being said, you are getting some traffic, and you may be making some money... but bragging about being #1 in a pile of #2 keywords is not really bragging is it?

keep in mind i am new here and i am just trying to fit in...lol how did i do? (yes i know, i do not like the shift key so my typing is not proper, and i like it that way...)

so while its nice being at the top of the heap, it matters not when no one it looking in your pile.

the other sad part about it is... worldwide, these are the stats... and they are probably from you checking to see if you are still #1 or #2.

keep in mind i am new here and i am just trying to fit in...lol how did i do? (yes i know, i do not like the shift key so my typing is not proper, and i like it that way...)

We average over 1,000 visitors a day to the directory as a result of hundreds of keywords. If you feel you can do better please go ahead. I only mentioned these rankings for keywords because of several ridiculous posts from thebeacon. You may want to read more of the previous posts before you start your rant. The purpose of the original post was to show how to build a small insurance site to supplement your income.

You may want to read more of the previous posts before you start your rant. The purpose of the original post was to show how to build a small insurance site to supplement your income.

Problem is you are addressing a forum comprised primarily of licensed insurance agents who:

A. Have the training and expertise to know what is considered legal as far as advertising is concerned in the insurance industry.

B. Know that if they were to make the claims you are making, they could lose their license.

I'm a web developer who just happens to be new to insurance. I've worked in PR, advertising and marketing and web development for 12 years. When you come to a forum of industry professionals, my advice is to take what they say seriously so that others will also take you seriously as well.

I know some of the people at Surehits. Give Scott S., Stacy W. or someone else at Surehits permission to tell me what revenue your site is generating and we can have a discussion about the price.

You said that you are getting traffic from your blog and your directory. Do those come with the package? If the traffic source doesn't come with the site, the site has no value. Also, how often do you have to post on your blog to maintain the traffic at its present level?

You may want to reconsider your offer. If I had a site that does what your site claims to (and I do), I wouldn't sell it. If I needed a lump sum of money, I'd get a loan. You should think seriously about that.

Why sell a golden goose? The site looks like it is very easy to maintain. There are some nice graphics, but the programming looks like it is very basic.

If you are selling the site because you don’t have the programming or design skills to maintain the site, PM me and maybe I can help you find someone who can help you. There are a lot of designers out there and the site's programming does not appear to be on a very high level. I'm not knocking the site. That's a good thing, from the standpoint of the ease of maintaining the site.

If this is your issue you should be able to find someone who can help you keep your income stream going instead of selling your golden goose for a few eggs.

Back