Interested in Making Insurance a Career

Hey everybody.

I thought about making this a new thread, but then felt like this was more of a continuation of the original one, so I decided to post here. I am wondering whether it makes any difference to prospective employers whether I do my pre-licensing online or in a seated class?

Thanks in advance for your replies,

H.D.

Hey everybody.

I thought about making this a new thread, but then felt like this was more of a continuation of the original one, so I decided to post here. I am wondering whether it makes any difference to prospective employers whether I do my pre-licensing online or in a seated class? Thanks in advance for your replies,

H.D.

Nobody cares in the least. Once you get your license is when the real training begins.

Last edited:
Well, since it doesn't matter, I'll just find the cheapest course online for NC and take it. As far as getting licenses goes, should I go ahead and get both L&H and P&C, in order to be a better job candidate?

Well, since it doesn't matter, I'll just find the cheapest course online for NC and take it. As far as getting licenses goes, should I go ahead and get both L&H and P&C, in order to be a better job candidate?

Pick whichever one you are most interested and knock it out first. Once you have completed that you can decide whether you want to go ahead and tackle the next one right away or wait. Extra licenses will always look better, but there is opportunity to get started with either one.

I wouldn't worry about the P&C unless I want to sell P&C. To do P&C you will also need L&H but not vice versa.

Well, I would like to sell P&C but from what I can understand its practically impossible to get a contract when you first get your license, so you have to work for an agency. Which is not a problem for me, except that I don't want to have to wait until I find an agency that is hiring before I begin producing. I would rather go ahead and start selling L&H products under contract to an IMO or the like, and then tackle P&C after I've gained some traction.

Back