Internet Lead Question

I've sold them leads! Jim Waltrip at All Web leads is a pretty good guy, so is his brother. I haven't sold to them in a couple of years, but I just had an agent 2 weeks ago tell me that he is using them with some satisfaction. The only reason that they didn't make the approved list with the Anthem( in 2005) captive agents was because of service issues. I think they were trying to run everything on cellular phones at the time. The leads are fine. most leads come from the same palce, the internet. it is how it's washed that makes the difference. Also a liberal return policy with an ease of doing business helps as well.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am working some precise leads now... everyone of them has been conacted numerous times (15 to 20 calls) and almost w/o fail are agitated the minute that the convo begins, due to their phone ringing off the hook.

Not at all what was promised...
how much are you paying them?

Last edited:
I am working some precise leads now... everyone of them has been conacted numerous times (15 to 20 calls) and almost w/o fail are agitated the minute that the convo begins, due to their phone ringing off the hook.

Not at all what was promised...

The people go into hiding when their phone starts ringing. It's not my style of selling.

The people go into hiding when their phone starts ringing. It's not my style of selling.

Come on really, are you going to revive every thread that over a year old. If you do you better be bringing some value and the above does not seem to cut it.

The best advice for working leads I can think of is to keep working them after the other agents have stopped.

Call when they are new. Mail them something. Email them something. Call when they get it. Call next week. Send them an email. Call again.

Keep calling, emailing and snail mailing until they either buy or tell you to jump in a lake. Be polite and professional, but don't take maybe for an answer.

I would not be in business if we only depended on those who buy within one month of requesting information.

Thanks - that tells it like it is! And reminds us to not give up hope.
Sue

Mike,

been in the insurance business 7 years and learned the hard way.. no teacher ,did everything myself. I was purchasing leads from multiple vendors and did OK. I paid my bills. If you want to get to the next level and beyond, you must develop your OWN leads. The vendors all re-sell the leads and basically your chasing your tail to make a sale. Study what the lead companies do and copy them.By doing this,my business grew leaps and bounds. The leads come directly to you, not 4 other agents and your closing ratio will go thru the roof. Best wishes.

Joe

The best advice for working leads I can think of is to keep working them after the other agents have stopped.

Call when they are new. Mail them something. Email them something. Call when they get it. Call next week. Send them an email. Call again.

Keep calling, emailing and snail mailing until they either buy or tell you to jump in a lake. Be polite and professional, but don't take maybe for an answer.

I would not be in business if we only depended on those who buy within one month of requesting information.

You make an excellent point about the follow up. It is crucial. The point you make about not being in business if you had to depend on those who buy within one month of requesting information shows the power of proper follow up. Most agents are not calling leads over 30 days old so the prospect's phone is not ringing off the hook anymore. A lot of sales can result from leads that are over a month old.

Mike,

been in the insurance business 7 years and learned the hard way.. no teacher ,did everything myself. I was purchasing leads from multiple vendors and did OK. I paid my bills. If you want to get to the next level and beyond, you must develop your OWN leads. The vendors all re-sell the leads and basically your chasing your tail to make a sale. Study what the lead companies do and copy them.By doing this,my business grew leaps and bounds. The leads come directly to you, not 4 other agents and your closing ratio will go thru the roof. Best wishes.

Joe

Agreed, this post was from a couple of years back. I started generating my own leads about a year ago.

A lead is a lead on the internet. A name and a phone number. I like Prospect Zone but everyone else hates them. I guess its your own personal preference.

Recently I've been hearing from agent friends of mine that there in indeed less competition for shared leads.

One put his information for for a lead and got one...one call from an InSphere agent. That's it. No call centers, no "8 other agents" - just one.

Back