Is anyone going to the Convention (National Agents Alliance) (NAA

Alright - well I have spent a great deal of time getting to know you lovely people by reading ALL 149 PAGES of this thread, so now I think I'm ready to add my two cents.

I was recruited through a Craigslist ad and went through the contracting (online and while on the phone with the recruiter.) You don't really get time to read everything at that time.

So the next day I printed it out and began annotating it. The somewhat-expected:

* 1-year waiting period to re-contract with their carriers if you leave
* 2-year waiting period to solicit customers, vendors, or contractors

But the really scary parts to me were the following:

* 18:
"Independent Contractor agrees without reservation that each of the restraints contained in this Agreement are necessary for the reasonable and proper protection of the legitimate business interests of NAA and that each and every one of those restraints is reasonable in respect to subject matter, length of time and geographic area."

* 25(c):
"Liquidated damages: IC acknowledges that the disclosure of Confidential Information and engaging in the prohibited acts of solicitation would likely result in economic loss or damage to NAA... it would be difficult to determine the actual amount of these damages... NAA shall be entitled to liquidated damages in the amount equal to the amount of all payments, commissions, and bonuses paid to the IC by NAA... for the IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD. The parties hereto agree that this amount represents a fair and ressaonble approximation of the actual damages that may be incurred by NAA in the event of the unauthorized disclosure of Confidential Information."

And possibly the worst, potentially:

* 9: Work for Hire:
IC's services and production is being produced as a "work for hire" for the benefit of NAA, and all right, title and interest in IC's work or production, including without limitation, all ideas, inventions, and other developments or improvements conceived or reduced to practice by the IC... shall be the exclusive property of NAA.

So I got out before ever getting any appointments through them.

If you're interested, here was the reply from [email protected]:

Hi,

The Alliance contracting department has received your request for release.
We have closed your file and removed your access to our websites. We will honor everything in the contracts we have signed with you. I am sure you will also honor your word and your signed commitments. You will need to contact all carriers directly to request termination of your contracting with them. In honoring the signed commitments, we will not sign transfer or release forms. A copy of your Agreement is available upon request.

Please be advised that with all NAA carriers there will be a waiting period enforced by the carrier, and you must wait out the required time with each carrier in order to re-contract.

Carriers with 6 months waiting period from contract date or 6 months from the date of last production – FOR, ING, ATY, PHX, MON

Carriers with 12 month waiting period from contract date or 12 months from the date of last production –CFG

MOO is 6 months for the Life products and 12 months for the A & H products

F & G is 90 days from the contract date or 6 months from the last production

BTL – 2 years from the NAA termination date.

----------

And a joke that came to mind:

Q: Why is the National Agents Alliance / NAA so named?

A: Well, National Recruiters Alliance was more fitting, but that acronym was already taken.

Ba-dum CHING... *groan*

Wow Vixenator, that's a great article! How did you get to writing for yahoo ? I'm curious what you have to do to write an article for them.

MIM

not much...you can free lance at will....you and I both know she isnt a producer...She probably paid someone to write that article....it was poorly written

Ahh, my favorite of all insurance lovelies...NAA. I mentioned them in an article I wrote for Yahoo. Scamarooo out the wazoo ;)

Check it out: Selling Life Insurance: Five Tips You Need to Know - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Nice article.. Notice you didn't mention your first agency by name. I did learn what my problem has been over the years. You say an agent is only as good as his manager. I am my manager! :)

Most excellent, rousemark! I wish I had the conviction to be my own manager! My first agency was a small one called "Final Wishes". I didn't mention it because the owner is a former friend. They use ALL Lincoln Heritage products.

Wow Vixenator, that's a great article! How did you get to writing for yahoo ? I'm curious what you have to do to write an article for them.

Thank you, MIM! I submitted writing samples to them :)

not much...you can free lance at will....you and I both know she isnt a producer...She probably paid someone to write that article....it was poorly written

You are SO right, Matt! I really did have someone else write this poorly written article. Plus, I don't have an insurance license in more than one state and have never produced anything. You are one clever dude! :twitchy:

Last edited:
Back