Is Anyone Selling Life with Life Quotes Inc.

I've been with them since early Oct 2010. I've written almost 80 applications and have had a grand total of TWO policies issued. I spent my own money getting licensed in 30 states, getting my own E&O insurance, new PC to run their software, total $4500 spent. I've earned a total of $2300 in the two months I've been doing this. I really thought I'd be able to work this program well - I have a lot of experience as a top sales rep at another company that sells insurance over the phone. And seriously, there's no scam here. It's just poorly thought out and poorly executed. Training is nonexistent, there's no supervisory, technical, or underwriting support. That being said, if I were willing to work 10+ hours EVERY day I could probably make a lot of money at this. However, all I was looking for was part time work. Now I've depleted my savings and I'm burning a hole in my stomach. My advice? STAY AWAY FROM LIFE QUOTES!

I have been with them since november. I have written 25 apps and had 2 come in so far. the others are in underwriting. audrey and paul never call you back or return e-mails. i am getting paid 23 talk time plus 30% commission. everything everyone here said about how crappy they are is completly true.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Stay away from them-

I went with them to give it a try- since Genworth you can dual appoint with. Like someone said- they are very unorganized.

They do generate alot of leads- but they misled alot of my hiring class- They told us we would get hot leads from TV that were real time calls- They also do all of GEICO's life..well- that lasted 2 days before they put my class on running aged leads.. It's a good thing I didnt quit a job to join them or I woulda been in jail by now.

They expect you to stay "logged in" just in case a lead came in.. I sat there 3 days in a row for 5 hours a day and not one new lead came in... What did come in were old leads agents werent working. They can tell by the recording if you are staying in touch with a cust- if not they assign that lead to another agent-- those are your "fresh leads"

Not to get the fisting- I was calling my entire list 3 times a day- leaving very loooooong , sloooowww messages.... to ring up talk time

In the end- an 8 hour day with them even wriiting apps was generating around 2 hours of talk time- until I figured out how to beat the system and turn the tables

Needless to say- I found a more productive way to sell life insurance and after a couple weeks I got an e-mail from them saying they were terminating my contract because I wasnt logged in every day

Yup- Imma sit at my comp with 50 2 month old leads and wait for them to assign me another 3 month old lead

what is your more productive way?

Last edited:
hell no kids, did my research on it. The 23/hr is somewhat smoke and mirrors, and the leads are aged garbage. There is a reason they have to "recruit". If this were a solid and stable operation, they wouldn't bother, the resumes would flood in. Selling their insure.com to QuinStreet was a good move, but do your own marketing and build your own brand, they are a dead end.

Last edited by a moderator:
you guys are doing something wrong, I am doing ok with life quotes. it's not amazing, but it's 15% of my business

hell no kids, did my research on it. The 23/hr is somewhat smoke and mirrors, and the leads are aged garbage. There is a reason they have to "recruit". If this were a solid and stable operation, they wouldn't bother, the resumes would flood in. Selling their insure.com to QuinStreet the spam king was a good move, but do your own marketing and build your own brand, they are a dead end.
I'm Bob Bland, CEO of Life Quotes and happy to respond to this. We now have 100 outside agents on our program and it's working pretty well. All of our leads are 100% fresh and come from a variety of sources - none are purchased. We've been in business for 27 years and have sold 275,000 policies under this program. Our BBB rating is A+ and we've been ranked #1 life insurance website by Forbes, Kiplinger's, SmartMoney and Dallas Morning News. Ours is a very fast call center kind of environment and agents perform vastly different than one another. I see lots of lies about our company here. Every new agent we appoint has to pass 4 hours of tests and 80% fail. Many face-to-face agents are not suited for phone work, but this is a fantastic work-from-home job if you are smart, articulate, friendly and thorough.
I'm Bob Bland, CEO of Life Quotes and happy to respond to this.

Our current Outside Agent program pays $23 per hour of talk time plus 30% commission, but the biggest payoff is that we give you free leads that are exclusive and not bought. These leads can be worth $400 per day to you. The talk time sunsets or goes away after 6 months.

We now have 100 outside agents on our program and it's working pretty well. Some of these folks are part-time, some full-time. Our quote engine quotes 30 companies and can handle 35 common illnesses.
This is hard work and we don't bill this as easy money - ever.
All of our leads are 100% fresh and come from a variety of sources - none are purchased. We've been in business for 27 years and have sold 275,000 policies under this program.

Our BBB rating is A+ and we've been ranked #1 life insurance website by Forbes, Kiplinger's, SmartMoney and Dallas Morning News.

Ours is a very fast call center kind of environment and agents perform vastly different than one another. I see lots of lies about our company here.

Every new agent we appoint has to pass 4 hours of tests and 80% fail. Many face-to-face agents are not suited for phone work, but this is a fantastic work-from-home job if you are smart, articulate, friendly and thorough.

Work-from-home and phone sales are not for everybody.
But if you write 4 applications per day here and have 50% of them go paid, you'll make close to $100,000 with us over 12 months' time. Upfront costs for you are state licenses and E&O insurance.

Our sales managers are very responsive and our technology is superb and highly proven. We didn't sell 275,000 policies because we don't return phone calls or have faulty technology.

Agents who fail blame us and agens who succeed won't play games on anonymous bulletin boards - so you decide.

Hope this helps!
Bob Bland, CLU
Life Quotes, Inc. (soon to be Consumer Insurance Guide!)

Last edited:
I'm Bob Bland, CEO of Life Quotes and happy to respond to this. We now have 100 outside agents on our program and it's working pretty well. All of our leads are 100% fresh and come from a variety of sources - none are purchased. We've been in business for 27 years and have sold 275,000 policies under this program. Our BBB rating is A+ and we've been ranked #1 life insurance website by Forbes, Kiplinger's, SmartMoney and Dallas Morning News. Ours is a very fast call center kind of environment and agents perform vastly different than one another. I see lots of lies about our company here. Every new agent we appoint has to pass 4 hours of tests and 80% fail. Many face-to-face agents are not suited for phone work, but this is a fantastic work-from-home job if you are smart, articulate, friendly and thorough.
I'm Bob Bland, CEO of Life Quotes and happy to respond to this.

Our current Outside Agent program pays $23 per hour of talk time plus 30% commission, but the biggest payoff is that we give you free leads that are exclusive and not bought. These leads can be worth $400 per day to you. The talk time sunsets or goes away after 6 months.

We now have 100 outside agents on our program and it's working pretty well. Some of these folks are part-time, some full-time. Our quote engine quotes 30 companies and can handle 35 common illnesses.
This is hard work and we don't bill this as easy money - ever.
All of our leads are 100% fresh and come from a variety of sources - none are purchased. We've been in business for 27 years and have sold 275,000 policies under this program.

Our BBB rating is A+ and we've been ranked #1 life insurance website by Forbes, Kiplinger's, SmartMoney and Dallas Morning News.

Ours is a very fast call center kind of environment and agents perform vastly different than one another. I see lots of lies about our company here.

Every new agent we appoint has to pass 4 hours of tests and 80% fail. Many face-to-face agents are not suited for phone work, but this is a fantastic work-from-home job if you are smart, articulate, friendly and thorough.

Work-from-home and phone sales are not for everybody.
But if you write 4 applications per day here and have 50% of them go paid, you'll make close to $100,000 with us over 12 months' time. Upfront costs for you are state licenses and E&O insurance.

Our sales managers are very responsive and our technology is superb and highly proven. We didn't sell 275,000 policies because we don't return phone calls or have faulty technology.

Agents who fail blame us and agens who succeed won't play games on anonymous bulletin boards - so you decide.

Hope this helps!
Bob Bland, CLU
Life Quotes, Inc. (soon to be Consumer Insurance Guide!)

Bob Bland you're a thief-

You mislead agents, promise them something you have no intention of delivering-

Stay away from this clown and his operation, unless you want to sit around for 8 hours a day 5 days a week "waiting" for an incoming lead from their Geico cust and being left to working 6 month old leads

Thats why they hire you- to work those year old leads, hoping you sell some then send you a letter telling you you havent met the quota and good luck

It's a scam.. trust me when I tell you this

Back