Is Building Brand CRITICAL for private Ins. Agencies

I think some people don't understand what "branding" actually is. Not that I want to waste my time on a Friday night with this, LOL, but, unfortunately, “branding” has become a overused, misused, misunderstood, and misguided word in the world of business. So has "imaging" as well as other "marketing" and "market-driven" activities. Advertising? PR? Marketing?

In the most conceptual sense, branding is a process of giving specific meaning, purpose, recognition, etc., to a specific company, product, service, etc., so that you create a "brand" in and around that company, product, service, etc. Any business can decide to create their own brand. A business can decide to create a brand in and around a specific product. Now everyone can argue about how to go about branding and creating a brand, LOL.

Our firm was literally built on the idea that Brand is Critical.

For insurance agencies, it's crucial for several reasons. It plays a vital role in shaping customer perceptions, building trust, differentiating from competitors, and driving business growth.

In our opinion, there is one reason that stands above the rest... you are not in the insurance industry, you're in the trust and credibility industry.

Trust and credibility: The financial services industry deals with sensitive client information. Building trust and credibility is essential to attract and retain clients. A strong, consistent brand helps convey professionalism, reliability, and security, making clients feel more comfortable working with the company.

Here is a case study from our company: https://www.apostle.company/insurance-group-of-america

Are you building a brand around your agency?

I don't agree that building and having brand for an insurance agency is critical. I don't have a problem with someone who feels it is, but I've seen too many successful agencies that wouldn't know what you are talking about if you said the word "brand" to them, LO. Customer expectations, and perceptions, trust, confidence, differentiation, driving business -- all of that can be done inside the branding process, and outside as well. Thanks.

I don't agree that building and having brand for an insurance agency is critical. I don't have a problem with someone who feels it is, but I've seen too many successful agencies that wouldn't know what you are talking about if you said the word "brand" to them, LO. Customer expectations, and perceptions, trust, confidence, differentiation, driving business -- all of that can be done inside the branding process, and outside as well. Thanks.

I worked in advertising for 10 years, and sold my ad agency to help fund my venture into insurance. I have been a broker for about 12 years, have a successful book, and though I did a small amount of marketing/advertising in the beginning, I do none now. The last time I did any marketing or advertising was probably about 8 years ago.

I worked in advertising for 10 years, and sold my ad agency to help fund my venture into insurance. I have been a broker for about 12 years, have a successful book, and though I did a small amount of marketing/advertising in the beginning, I do none now. The last time I did any marketing or advertising was probably about 8 years ago.

And your point? I don't see how you spoke to anything I said. I know what works for my business. I am not so sure what works for others'.

Back